Swaro BTX 65

Love my BTX with 95mm. Can't wait to get it up on the son in law's deer unit for some scanning this weekend

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
I used a BTX 65 exclusively last year. I wanted the 85 but I was using cabelas bucks and they didn't have any. I never felt like the 65 was detrimental, first light it worked great glassing deer in the sage. I still would like the 85 mostly because I feel like it would be the best trade off for performance and size. I've thought about the magnifier as there were a few times it would have been fun to reach out a little further, but the opinions I've read haven't convinced me it would be worth it.

The performance of the btx was so good I sold my ats65 HD spotter. Just didn't seem the same to use anymore. Someday, I'll likely get the atx though.

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
I keep reading/hearing that the BTW is so good. I never experienced one. I was about to buy a 2nd ATX for my wife, and now wondering if it should be a BTW.
I’m pretty sure you won’t regret it, it’s awesome

coues32

WKR
I prefer the 85 mm over the 95 with btx, they should have left 95 at 30x power, probably why the 65 and 95 are mentioned optically.

12 els good combo w/btx, maybe 12 nls will be better..

OP
fulltiltaudio

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up with the BTX/65 and so far I don't regret it! I am sure it could be a different story come hunting season, it is a little back heavy, but I am figuring out how to make it work. as others have said, the magnifier does take some light away, and to me is definitely not quite as clear either. I was hoping it was just some people being to picky, but I agree with them on that part...however it is manageable, but seems without the magnifier you can see just about as well or better because of the clarity. I also think part of it may be that my Slik 522 lite tripod might not be quite stable enough ,as it wiggles at the slightest breeze or touching it ever so slightly and makes it tough to see. I will likely keep it on that tripod this year but I may get a different one and see if that helps some, just not sure which one to get, and I am running low on time. I love the packability and everything about the 522, but its just not quite as stable. I may try adding some weight in a bag or something under it to see if that might help too.
Overall I am sure it will be way better than my Vortex 20-60x85 was and will be coming in at about the same weight as well.
Thanks for all the help, I can try and do another update after some more time with it in the field and lower light situations too!

Putting a BTX eyepiece on a 65mm objective, is almost like building a custom long range rifle and topping it with a Tasco 3-9x40. Yeah it will technically work, but you’re not taking full advantage of the equipment. I’m a sucker for glass and don’t care what it weighs. If you’re evening considering the BTX over the ATX I’d be getting the 95mm objective. That being said I run a 95 ATX system. I like the variable power for really getting a close look to count “C” hairs.

Block

WKR
My personal opinion is that I would not pack a BTX on a multiple day back packing trip. But it sounds like you are only day hunting and in that case I might would do it.

I’d argue that a lot of people that “day hunt” cover much more ground in a day than multi day back packers.,,and basically kill themselves to get in and out of an area in 1 day simply to have the comfort of a shower and bed... guilty of this myself,,, hiking in and out in the dark 10-15 miles off trail is a normal day,,, So the logic of carrying a heavy spotter for a day hunt would be opposite in my case..

fatrascal

WKR
Block, you definitely do a lot of hiking. I would not carry the BTX if I were in your case as well. But if someone else wanted to carry it then I would not discourage them from doing it. Some of you guys are tougher than me. Fatrascal