Swaro BTX fragility?

I recently broke down and bought the Swaro BTX eyepiece and 95 mm lens from S&S Archery. The guys at S&S Archery were great to deal with. I am very impressed with the optic, even though I have not pushed its capabilities due to lack of open country where I currently live. But I am moving next month to some big mountain country where I hope to use it a lot and prove to my wife why the BTX was such a wise investment...

I will admit to babying it so far and bought a Marsupial case for it when it is in my pack. The connecting mechanism that joins the eyepiece to the objective lens is very precise, but I would imagine it will be the weak spot that breaks if a BTX ever took a fall.

I imagine packing the BTX eyepiece and the objective lens individually would be better if your pack ever takes a serious fall or impact since there is no weak link to break. But trying to connect the two parts in high humidity, dust, rain, etc. could present problems too...

For those of you running the BTX system (or STX/ATX), do you carry the eyepiece and the objective lens separately and then connect them when you get to where you are glassing, or do you leave them connected the whole time?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Leave it connected. I have the Marsupial case for when it is attached to the outside of the pack or just outside the pack in general.

JDB9818

WKR
I don't have the BTX but I have the ATX with 95/65 mm objective lenses.

I'll admit that I "baby" the spotter a little, but I also don't feel that the system is at all fragile. I put the spotter in one of the outside pockets of my pack and go (I don't separate the objective and eye piece). I think it would be a pain to pack them separately. I want to be able to sit down and just grab my spotter and start glassing.

Swarovski has a great warranty and I've never worried about any of the products I have from them.

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
I leave mine connected together all the time. I too baby mine and keep it in the marsupial case almost all of the time its not being used to spot with. Awesome piece of equipment in the right situations. I do not have the extender but may purchase that in the future and would carry it separate.