swaro el and slc difference?

in a nutshell men, what;s the difference, ?
my friend likes the 12 but needs mag. of 15....
tia

sneaky

"DADDY"
Tons of threads on here breaking down the differences, you could read the rest of the night on them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
It’s in the models first 2 letters:
El as in elf- small, slender
SLc as in slob, bulky, not the ergonomic one.

PHo

WKR
The ELs have a field-flattener that will provide a flat image all the way to the edges. This field-flattener is essentially why the ELs are more expensive. It makes it clearer than the SLC edge-to-edge wise but there will also be a “rolling ball” effect when you pan. Some people are bothered by the rolling ball, others don’t even notice it. The field flattening also tends to give more of a 2-d image as oppose to the 3-d image of the SLC. The SLC has a little bit more light transmission so should be a little brighter, but the edges aren’t as clear. To me that is not too big of a deal because I usually look at the center of the image and then pan the binos when I glass. Some people like to have their binos set in a fixed position and then move only their eyes as they look around. Both are good choices, just depends how you like to glass.

Last edited:
OP
B
thanks pho, that really clears it up, ive only got els and the scope and i really like the edge to edge
The ELs have a field-flattener that will provide a flat image all the way to the edges. This field-flattener is essentially why the ELs are more expensive. It makes it clearer than the SLC edge-to-edge wise but there will also be a “rolling ball” effect when you pan. Some people are bothered by the rolling ball, others don’t even notice it. The field flattening also tends to give more of a 2-d image as oppose to the 3-d image of the SLC. The SLC has a little bit more light transmission so should be a little brighter, but the edges aren’t as clear. To me that is not too big of a deal because I usually look at the center of the image and then pan the binos when I glass. Some people like to have their binos set in a fixed position and then move only their eyes as they look around. Both are good choices, just depends how you like to glass.

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
Recetly, I reevaluated all the binos Ihave accumulated. I can’t go back to non field flattened binos.