Swaro EL Range canted display

EmanP223

WKR
Checked out some EL Range Swaro's today and the LCD display changes angles depending on how wide they need to be for your face/eyes. I found this to be pretty annoying in the store.

For those of you that have been running these and using them in the field, is that something you still notice or do you adjust to it? I don't know if I can deal with a display that's askew.

Ben RT

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. I never thought of it until now -- how much does interpupillary distance (IPD) affect cant and, therefore, angle compensation!?

A tilted reticle would be annoying, but not nearly as annoying as thinking it was messing with my readings.

ChrisAU

WKR
I would imagine the internal gyroscopic mechanism is what is driving the calculation, not how you are holding it. Adjusting IPD may cause a canted display, but the calculation shouldn’t change. Test it yourself, hold em upside down and range a target that is well above or below you. I’m betting your results will be identical.

OP
E

EmanP223

WKR
I'm not asking that at all. I'm just wondering how much the canted display bothers you or if it's a non issue.