Swaro NL Pure 12x42s

sivart

WKR
For those who own them, are they good for handheld? Most of my uses will be without a tripod.

My 10.42 Els that I just sold were fine for me handheld. I'm debating on whether to go w/ either the NL 10x42 or 12x42?

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Are the NL Pures that much better that people sell the EL's and upgrade? Is it like a $500 bottle of wine compared to a $100 bottle and most wouldn't be able to notice the difference?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

DUKFVR

FNG
I just bought a pair. Added the forehead rest & that is a good addition. You need to check out 10's or 8's ,but for me the 12's work great. I will say, being my 1st pair of upper end bino's, these glasses are super.

Siggy111

FNG
I bought the 12’s and the headrest last fall. I had 10 EL‘s last fall in AK and this year took the 12 NL’s. Big difference. I have no issues holding them. They are now my go to glass for everything. No buyers remorse.
good luck with your selection.

Looked through the NL12s and the 12x50ELs from a tripod in the evening looking at deer on a hillside. I really wanted to like the ELs for the price alone. But the NLs are truly better in almost every way..

JakeSCH

WKR
I meant 15 SLCs

I have been looking through them side by side on tripods at 1200y from my back patio. At that distance, NL's are better but I don't think I would miss game with either. The head rest is fantastic for handholding...

I am honestly going to carry both with me this fall to see.

unfortunately I haven't tried it yet. But I'd like that very much.

I believe that with the NL Pure series, Swarovski made a crazy hit. And it came out just when everyone else was aiming to make their flagship model equal to the "old" EL: see Noctivid, Meopro-Air, Victory SF and a thousand other EL-styles.

I value Leica products very much, for their high quality and optical performance in my opinion superior to all others. But when I saw the Noctivid, I started laughing. For a thousand whales, but it has the shape of Swarovski ... what's this? I couldn't believe it, yet here it is.

I also laughed a lot seeing the Victory SF, but at least Zeiss anticipated Swarovski about the correct position of the focus wheel. And that too quickly became a popular model.

The ergonomics of the NL Pure, I imagine it much more efficient than the old EL series, which I have tried and which I do not find comfortable. The focus wheel is in the right place, finally. And the forehead support, along with the tapered barrels, complete what I believe should be the future of handheld binoculars. I just hope that there is no copyright of any kind and that the Chinese hurry up to make lots of copies in every format, even economic for me ..

Dinger

WKR
I have been looking through them side by side on tripods at 1200y from my back patio. At that distance, NL's are better but I don't think I would miss game with either. The head rest is fantastic for handholding...

I am honestly going to carry both with me this fall to see.
Same...I have both and will sell the 15's (SLC). They are redundant in my line up.

The 15's bring things closer but I can see more detail with the 12's. NL's are the best glass I've looked through....no contest.

I'll use the 12's now where I would have had my 8's (Ultravids) & 15's....backpacking I've cut a heap of weight and volume from my pack. I would never have thought they could replace my 8's for bush stalking but they are so damn close. Having them instantly (on your chest) there for longer glassing views tips me over the edge each time I'm grabbing kit for a quick local deer hunt.

I've also run them up against EL Range 10's a few times in different conditions and there is no comparison.

Year round deer, goat and pig season where I live so I've had a few chances to form a solid opinion.

Same...I have both and will sell the 15's (SLC). They are redundant in my line up.

The 15's bring things closer but I can see more detail with the 12's. NL's are the best glass I've looked through....no contest.

I'll use the 12's now where I would have had my 8's (Ultravids) & 15's....backpacking I've cut a heap of weight and volume from my pack. I would never have thought they could replace my 8's for bush stalking but they are so damn close. Having them instantly (on your chest) there for longer glassing views tips me over the edge each time I'm grabbing kit for a quick local deer hunt.

I've also run them up against EL Range 10's a few times in different conditions and there is no comparison.

Year round deer, goat and pig season where I live so I've had a few chances to form a solid opinion.
Current model EL Range TA or the previous gen?

I still live in Iowa and chase whitetails around, that said I do get out West (or will) every year, with planned trips to Alaska as well.

I have better than 20x10 in both eyes so cheap-o glass doesn't cut it for me. Saving up my pennies now, but am either going with the 10x42 EL's or 12x42 NL Pure's. Decisions decisions

JakeSCH

WKR
I still live in Iowa and chase whitetails around, that said I do get out West (or will) every year, with planned trips to Alaska as well.

I have better than 20x10 in both eyes so cheap-o glass doesn't cut it for me. Saving up my pennies now, but am either going with the 10x42 EL's or 12x42 NL Pure's. Decisions decisions

I've had both...and both are awesome. Honestly depends on what kind of $$ you are willing to spend, does nearly 2x the cost worth getting a little more performance?? That is up to you.

There are some great deals on used EL's on this forum, I would not hesitate on jump on one. The main reason I jumped on the 12x is the forehead rest and seeing if I can eventually cut weight from carrying 2 binos.

Forehead rest didn’t do much for me. I had high hopes for it but found I could get just as steady with bracing it between my hat hand hands. I can get just as steady with these 12x NL as most 10s. And compared to the EL 12s I can get steadier as well.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425