Swaro NL pures or ELs

deadwolf

WKR
Decisions decisions. There’s no doubt, the NL pures are gonna be awesome, but the ELs are no slouch either and $800 cheaper. I’d like these to be the last pair of binos I buy, tell me the ELs won’t leave me wanting more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only possible way and EL leaves you wanting more is if you prefer the ergonomics and/or the larger FOV....I own both and the optical performance is to close to tell the difference between them

Good luck!

Sled

WKR
The only possible way and EL leaves you wanting more is if you prefer the ergonomics and/or the larger FOV....I own both and the optical performance is to close to tell the difference between them

Good luck!

My experience as well.

antlerz

Lil-Rokslider
The 8.5 EL is also something special. Alot to be said for a good tryout. Pick the one that gives easy relaxing unpicky views, if your going to put the hours in glassing. Compare the tripod views too.

fatlander

WKR
The NLS field of view is next to none, however the optical quality isn’t 2X SLCs, let alone ELs. If you already have alpha glass, I don’t see the NLs being worth the upgrade, or if you can still find SLCs I think it’s hard to justify. The ergonomics on the SLCs aren’t that great, but twice the money is hard to justify for feeling good in your hand; especially if they’re going on the tripod. If you can only find ELs, go ahead and get the NLs. If you can find SLCs, buy another out of state tag or two.

OP
D

deadwolf

WKR
The NLS field of view is next to none, however the optical quality isn’t 2X SLCs, let alone ELs. If you already have alpha glass, I don’t see the NLs being worth the upgrade, or if you can still find SLCs I think it’s hard to justify. The ergonomics on the SLCs aren’t that great, but twice the money is hard to justify for feeling good in your hand; especially if they’re going on the tripod. If you can only find ELs, go ahead and get the NLs. If you can find SLCs, buy another out of state tag or two.

I’ll be moving on from the Vortex Razor HD, and I’m pretty sure the ELs is where I’m headed

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a set 10x42 els over the last 6 years and thought I would never upgrade. I happened to take a look at a set of NLs 10x42s and was impressed enough in a side by side comparison to order a pair. I have been comparing two side by side over the last month and I absolutely love the NLs both ergonomically and field of view. I didnt think 20% would be that noticeable but at least for me it was enough difference to drop the coin on them. If you look around and make some calls you can find them for 2700-2800 new in box.

TheFool

Lil-Rokslider
I went through the same thing and I now own the NL 10x42. I had the EL last year and let them go for the NL’s and I haven’t once thought I made the wrong decision

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the NL 10 X 42 because I wanted the forehead rest. I wear eyeglasses that I tend to smash onto my face when glassing. The head rest has been great for fixing a chronic problem for me.

InDeep

WKR
I went through this same scenario in October and went with El's. I glad I stayed the Corse. As I continue to age I know my eyes will not do the part the swaros will . So if El's are second best then that's fine!

antlerz

Lil-Rokslider
I think we should actually compare the 10NL with 8,5 EL. Same FOV. Bigger exit pupil vs slightly more mag. Both awesome.

B23

WKR
I'd like to see a low light test done comparing the new NL 10x42 to the EL 8.5x42.

Anything I know about the NL series is only what I've read about them but having a set of EL 8.5x42 they are the best in low light of any I've ever used and even though I like new shit as well as anyone are the NL's $600 better than the EL's.....

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
I will suggest get SLCs and ELs for a week. Try them out and return the one that you don’t like. After I got a new pair of SLCs, I don’t use my ELs much. I like the light weight and compact size better. Optics are equal for all practical purposes. Until you look for differences closely, you will not be able to tell. You will save $1200ish that you can buy a new scope or a gun.
You don’t need to take pictures that 2-3% gain in optical quality will not do anything for you. I just sold all my unwanted optics and got $4K in the bank. It feels so good. Spend your money wisely or wait until NLs drop in price .

Just a couple years ago I set out to buy a brand new set of ELs. Tried all of the Alphas and ended up buying the new Zeiss Victory SF 10x42 T*. Would suggest taking a hands-on look at those too before making a final choice.

Mable300

Lil-Rokslider
There’s a dude on YouTube..his page is called optica exotica..lol. Seriously, he has done reviews on all major alpha glass to include the NL’s. Check it..

OP
D

deadwolf

WKR
There’s a dude on YouTube..his page is called optica exotica..lol. Seriously, he has done reviews on all major alpha glass to include the NL’s. Check it..

Yessir I know the channel, and watched several vids. Quirky dude and knows his stuff.

After much internal debate, I ordered the 10x42 ELs. I know they’ll work perfectly for me.