Swaro Optics notices the trends and gets busy!

Bkdc

FNG
Why would Swaro make a mid-range model? It’s a matter of branding. Anyone who has used a Zeiss Terra knows how HORRIBLE the optics are, and even people who know this is Zeiss’s cheap line will leave with an impression of Zeiss making bad binoculars. It cheapens the blue flag brand.

The lowest level binocular Swarovski now makes is the CL Pocket (great optics if you can handle the tiny size) or CL Companion (fantastic optics if you don’t mind the small eyecups and ergonomics. Nobody is going to think that Swarovski makes bad binoculars.

With a mid-tier brand like Kahles, Swarovski can just kick any inferior optics down to another brand. Kahles adopting the SLC is smart marketing as it elevates the brand value of Kahles. It doesn’t hurt Swarovski at all except for lost sales from the US market that is not selling Kahles binoculars. This should change.

Reactions: ZDR
OP
K

kaboku68

WKR
You know I am going to stick to my original posts. It is interesting after much gnashing of teeth that people are believing what I heard from the NA Mothership!