Swaro SLC 10x42

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Do it! I went from Nikon Monarchs to SLCs and it’s been the best hunting upgrade I’ve made in a long time.

rm06

WKR
I own these and I'll agree they are the best hunting upgrade I've made, perhaps ever.

I tried many, many different brands and models before I pulled the trigger on these. Unless it is another Swaro model, literally nothing comes close

Pgidley

FNG
Absolutely worth it, except don't get hung up on 10x42. There are a lot of tradeoffs between 8x42 and 10x42, and for a lot of people the 8's should be the better choice, but everyone seems to go with 10s. I was the same - always 10x42s, until I decided to give 8s a shot (glasses wearer and looking for max eye relief). Now I see the huge advantage that 8x gives in exit pupil and field of view, and would not likely go back to 10+ unless circumstances demanded it.

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
Thoughts are you’re upgrading to tier one glass. They’re discontinued but can be found used, they can also be purchased new under the Kahles name, same glass/bin different color skin.

Slc’s are great, they are light, compact and will never hinder you spotting game, and they are good enough that it’s genuinely fun to sit behind them on a tripod.

If size and weight are not a big deal, like mentioned above, the kowa genesis are amazing at the price

SLCs will be a significant upgrade from your current Bushnells. If able to find a used set in excellent condition they should offer many years of satisfying service.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found a very lightly used pair here on the classifieds, that was definitely one of my better investments

I'd do a little research on the SLC's as the model made some changes a couple of times during it's run with Swarovski; my guess is they are all very good glass, but the latest iteration may be the best of them

TX_Diver

WKR
If you are not set on those, I would look at the kowa genesis....

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I had both. The glass is superb in both but the Kowas are BIG compared to the SLCs... I sometimes consider going back but haven't so far. If you don't mind the bulk and extra weight most would be happy with the Kowa's though.

Birddog1

FNG
I just bought a pair of 8x42 on here, 2014 model. I got them yesterday. I was looking at Zeiss Conquest and Leica Trinovid, the SLC are excellent and I’m glad I decided to go this route.

SLCs selling used for $1400. For that price I would spend the extra 3-400 and get the top alphas. SLCs are really good glass but seem to be overpriced on this site.

BBob

WKR
How confident are you in this ^^^ ? I agree they LOOK similar, but pretty certain these are same bins for same maker?
Swarovski has owned Kahles for a very long time. My dealer says they were shifted from the Swarovski lineup over to Kahles for marketing reasons and nothing spec or quality wise has changed.

An article that mentions the very same things.

I had both. The glass is superb in both but the Kowas are BIG compared to the SLCs... I sometimes consider going back but haven't so far. If you don't mind the bulk and extra weight most would be happy with the Kowa's though.
that's a perfect assessment.... i have both, and spent a lot of time comparing them side by side... both are awesome, and the SLC seems to have found that perfect balance of lightweight, compact, but still excellent glass.... i like the kowa a little more spending a lot of time on a tripod, they are a little more enjoyable to me.... moving faster, glassing as i go, set up the tripod for a half hour, and move on, the SLC is tough to beat.... i think the slc is about the perfect "do all" bino always on your chest all year scouting, archery hunting, and rifle hunting.... single out rifle blacktail season, doing most of my work behind glass on a tripod, i prefer the kowa.... the kowas handled glare a little better too... both are good in that regard, but kowa are a little better in glare.

one thing that may be misleading to me is comparing 10x42 slc's to 10.5x44 kowa, the bigger objectives and extra .5X may be part of that effect of why i think the kowas are optically better than the SLC