Swaro SLC vs Leica

mdfanatic1980

Lil-Rokslider
Which model Leica is most comparable to the Swarovski SLC HD? I have the Swaro but wanting to get a rangefinding binocular, and the Leica appears a bit cheaper than the Swaro rangefinding binocular, but I don't want to drop optical quality.

Trr15

WKR
The Leica Geovid is a great rangefinding bino and (while debatable) very much on par with the SLC in terms of optical performance.

tdhanses

WKR
Yup the Geovid, to me the Geovid was close to the EL SV but some prefer the SLC over the EL with SV.

handwerk

WKR
Yes you would likely be very happy wit the Geovids, I have been using them for years and have/had all the different Swaros and the Geovids hold their own.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
md,
If your serious about trying some, I’m getting ready to sell some geovid 10x42 2700. They are in perfect condition with box and papers. I probably don’t have the caps but you wouldn’t use them any way. I have other Leicas and these have been sitting around. I haven’t decided on a price yet but I’m sure I can make you or anyone else for that matter a deal.

Geovid keep getting brought up, but it sounds like you are looking for the closest standard Bino comparison, and that would be the Ultravid HD plus line. Similar design and feel. Try both side by side and let your eyes make the decision for you.

tdhanses

WKR
Geovid keep getting brought up, but it sounds like you are looking for the closest standard Bino comparison, and that would be the Ultravid HD plus line. Similar design and feel. Try both side by side and let your eyes make the decision for you.
In his original post he says he’s wanting a RF bino that he won’t lose any optical qualities of what he currently has.