Swaro SLCs...why not to buy???

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for a good set of 10x42s that are clear and good in low light. Can anyone tell my why I shouldn't go with the Swaro SLC 10x42? If nobody talks me out of them then where is the best place to buy? Thanks,

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rokslide sponsors are the best place to buy them. Cameraland, S&S Archery, etc etc. Great binos.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rodéo

WKR
Best argument against is a value to performance calculation. Depending on who you ask, SLC's will give you about a 5-10% performance bump from many ~$500 options (Tract Toric, Leupold BX-4, used razors, used meostars, etc) but they cost about twice as much. If that's worth it to you, get the SLC's. No one will (should) try to talk you out of them by saying the mid-tier bino's I mentioned are "as good/better than" the SLC's, but they are close and cost about half as much.

Best price is on classifieds or calling camerland/s&s archery.

MtnMuley

WKR
The newer Swaro SLC 10x42 is the bino I recommend to everybody wanting to upgrade their bino's without spending the NL price.

The 10x42 SLC's are a great bino. I switched over to 12x50 EL's and then down to Razor's because I couldn't justify the price. I do like the 12x a little better off the tripod and think it's hard to beat as an all-around bino for western hunting. But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the 10x SLC's to someone wanting a little less magnification.

Check the classifieds here for the best deal on a used set, otherwise several Rokslide sponsors would be happy to help.

NoWiser

WKR
If you can afford them, there's no good reason not to call Doug at Cameraland and buy a pair. I got my 8x SLCs from him and have zero regrets. They are fantastic.

Brendan

WKR
Here's an argument to consider: If you're considering a new pair of 10x42 SLC, why not consider used 10x42 EL for someone upgrading to the NL Pure? Not sure, but I bet price wouldn't be too far off.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Here's an argument to consider: If you're considering a new pair of 10x42 SLC, why not consider used 10x42 EL for someone upgrading to the NL Pure? Not sure, but I bet price wouldn't be too far off.
That's what I just did!

Soupie

FNG
Because you will always wonder if you should have gotten EL's. Half joking, but half-serious, I know lots of people, including myself, unfortunately, function that way.

What are you upgrading from?

OP
McCree

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
Because you will always wonder if you should have gotten EL's. Half joking, but half-serious, I know lots of people, including myself, unfortunately, function that way.

What are you upgrading from?
I had vortex razors, they weren't bad. Swapped them for the fury, ranging binos. Lower grade glass and I've never been happy with them. Only bow hunt and prefer a handheld rangefinder anyway. Actually ordered a pair of SLCs tonight.

I had vortex razors, they weren't bad. Swapped them for the fury, ranging binos. Lower grade glass and I've never been happy with them. Only bow hunt and prefer a handheld rangefinder anyway. Actually ordered a pair of SLCs tonight.
I ordered a pair yesterday, cannot for these bad boys to show up! If you have had the opportunity to look through them side by side with the $500-$900 options I think it’s clear(no pun intended) that the slc are far better quality and worth the extra money. I looked through the vortex uhd, Zeiss conquest hd, the fury 5000, and a lieca geovid. The Leica was very good glass but near the same price, the vortex was also good but again near the same price, the Zeiss weren’t even close, the fury’s were disappointing to say the least.

brsnow

WKR
I ordered a pair yesterday, cannot for these bad boys to show up! If you have had the opportunity to look through them side by side with the $500-$900 options I think it’s clear(no pun intended) that the slc are far better quality and worth the extra money. I looked through the vortex uhd, Zeiss conquest hd, the fury 5000, and a lieca geovid. The Leica was very good glass but near the same price, the vortex was also good but again near the same price, the Zeiss weren’t even close, the fury’s were disappointing to say the least.
I agree, but really when you start glassing the comfort for eyes makes a huge difference over the less expensive options that might be similar with limited use.

Dude, if your other financial obligations are taken care of then I would say go for a set. Set some money aside and buy from a forum sponsor or buy a used pair. Also don’t skip out on experiences to buy them.

MtnMuley

WKR
I've never owned SLC 10s (glassed with several), but have owned 3 pairs of EL 10s. All generations. I recently sold my last pair for some NLs. With that said, I'm not so sure I didn't like the newer SLCs better than my newer ELs.

dbd1313

FNG
Just ordered SLCs tonight too. I read a few places that said they were better in low light than the ELs' but the ELs are crisper and have better color. Whether thats true its my first top tier glass so I'm sure they will be amazing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk