Swaro Spotter Cover

DIY

WKR
The swaro spotter cover is 250. I have the kings one and that is just ok. It is cheap but it is a loose fit and I find myself not using it as planned. I like the swaro cover, however it seems to be over priced. ANyone have the swaro cover?

magpie

Banned
I have the cabelas one and it fits great. I didn't like the Swarvo one and you're right, its overpriced!

Craig4791

WKR
No way I could bring myself to buy one at that price. I ended up with the cabelas neoprene cover.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I am in the process of making one from a couple old KUIU guide beanies that will allow me to still rotate my angled 80 scope... That's the ONE thing I don't like about any of the covers currently available, + the price of the Swaro cover! Will post pics if I ever get it done! :)

I have the Swaro cover... I just closed my eyes when he rang it up, just like I did when he rang up the scope itself... It works well, keeps the scope pretty dang safe, I think better than the other scope covers out there since it is pretty heavy duty stuff...

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Swaro scopes include a built in cover as well in the form of rubber armoring.

It can even be replaced if worn or torn.

I used to use a cover on my spotters all the time, but now I just use them without, and much prefer it. YMMV

bowuntr

WKR
I have the Kings... mainly for protection in my pack. It's better than the old sock I used to use... Ed F

Whisky

WKR
They are definitely overpriced, but nice. I've owned two now. One I bought off Ebay when the seller and I came to a price. The second one I finagled a deal on with the purchase of a new spotter. I'm sure I still overpaid for both, but no way I was spending $250. Swaro is certainly proud of their name on that thing.

I don't pack my spotter in pockets or the pack, so at first I liked the added protection. I dislike their objective cap. They are cheap and not very durable. I broke one already, and have came close to forgetting another one at a glassing spot a couple times. I don't use the obj caps anymore, so that's why I still run a case, to protect the objective as well as the eye piece. I could care less about the body, they are tough.

jherald

WKR
I bought a Swaro made cover on Ebay a while back, found it for 120 bucks shipped. That was the best price I found and I didn't like any of the neoprene stretch covers. Even at 120 bucks, its expensive for a cover.

Gman

WKR
I usually use the one you get from Cabelas or VIPoptics. I would love to carry the thing "naked" if it weren't for the eyepiece cover being so lame. I know there was another thread on this. Was there ever a perfect modification that came out of that?