Swaro STX Users?

I am looking at purchasing a straight eye peice and would like feed back on using the 95mm objective or the 85mm

I currently have a STM with wide eyepeice 25-50x65 HD (its a great spotter) would like more light and FOV

the BTX would be great but with 10x binos and a spotter its hard to justify. I am not an angled fan as I like Binos on a tripod and the straight lines up on target better while sitting and glassing, I use it mainly for couse deer/ mule deer and usually trcuk camp and pack out for the day. guess my question is the 95 lighting better or is the 85 FOV the way to go? weight always matters but If the 95 is a game changer I will pack it.

Thanks

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I feel like the 85 is better suited to general hunting use, especially if you’re packing it around a lot and using it to pick apart the country while glassing. The wider field of view is likely to benefit you more than the magnification boost of the 95. Weight of the 95 never bothered me but it’s big in the pack for sure. Never noticed a significant difference in brightness running them side by side. Felt like when the light was gone they were both done at the same time when using the BTX. Never compared them side by side with ATX/STX. Now if you find yourself glassing 2 or 3 miles a lot, then the extra magnification can be nice. I packed the 95 around for 33 days in Idaho sheep country where I could glass huge expanses to search for rams and the added magnification with the BTX was great.

A BTX would be a game changer for coues hunting. Sooo much easier to spend hours behind the glass and pick every detail of the country apart. I rarely find myself missing the extra magnification of a variable power spotter using it and never have issues with eye fatigue. I feel like I see so much more detail and can piece together tiny clues like a an antler tine or an ear to find critters that are otherwise obscured in the brush.

Coop
Rent Guns and Gear
www.RgunsNgear.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
I have an 85 objective and a 60. The 85 is great paired w the BTX but you pay in weight. I keep pondering the 1.7 booster. Also, have an ATX and interchange w the 85 if more magnification is needed. Last, except for FOV the 60 is awesome w ATX.