Swaro to Kowa

ac7473

FNG
I know it's been discussed several times, but if your in the market for a high end scope, do your self a favor and look through a Kowa scope. I sold an ATS swaro to get a Kowa, it is just better

HuntWyld

WKR
Swaro binos and 55mm kowa, but I’m tempted from time to time to buy a 65mm swaro to see if the grass is greener.

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like to look through one also but never seen one. Everything has been Leica and Swaro out here for high end.

I ride the line, have a few pairs of swaro binoculars and two Kowa spotters, really you can't go wrong with either. I've done some side by side comparisons and would take the Kowa over any ATS but the ATX is a hair better, but also heavier and more expensive.

I ride the line, have a few pairs of swaro binoculars and two Kowa spotters, really you can't go wrong with either. I've done some side by side comparisons and would take the Kowa over any ATS but the ATX is a hair better, but also heavier and more expensive.
Completely agree. Depends on personal preference with viewing experience, both are extremely sharp. Personally prefer the Kowa image but just can’t get past that cold, non-armored housing. Aware the sell a cover but it just isn’t the same.

Dcrafton

WKR
I know it's been discussed several times, but if your in the market for a high end scope, do your self a favor and look through a Kowa scope. I sold an ATS swaro to get a Kowa, it is just better

I did not own a swaro spotter so I borrowed my neighbors and compared side by side to the Kowa 883 with the wide angle lenses.
I now own the 883 and most everyone that looks through it in the field or range is really surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Kowa 883 and recently upgraded the eyepiece. Excellent image and clarity.........Rumor has it a new model will be introduced soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
I love going from Swaro to Kowa. From finding animals with my SLC 10's to getting a closer look with my TSN-773.

Ha! Sure do enjoy the view through both.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
I have the Kowa 883 and recently upgraded the eyepiece. Excellent image and clarity.........Rumor has it a new model will be introduced soon.

That's interesting. I was literally just going to post about Kowa being due for a model upgrade.

OP
A

ac7473

FNG
Damn. Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. It is definitely a touchy subject. There is no way I thought I would ever get rid of the swaro, but the glass doesn't lie

I hadn't heard that. Although that would make sense why there is a 400 dollar factory rebate

TomJoad

WKR
Only use their compact spotter but damn, nothing in that size/weight class can touch the tsn-554. I’d like to get a big brother for it some day!

I’ll be in the market for an alpha spotter before next season and now the question is whether the 88 is worth the coin over the 77...

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Fingers crossed it's a 65mm eyepiece with the fluorite glass that I can put my te-11 eyepiece on. Love my 77, but would also love something a bit lighter without having to go all the way to the 55.

I met with a guy locally who had an ATS 65, and compared side by side with my 773. He sold the swaro and bought a kowa. Not quite a fair comparison weight and size wise, but I was happy to be able to compare and confirm that the Kowa is better to my eye, though at close to a pound weight penalty.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I need a good spotting scope (though it might be a while before I can fit it in the budget). I guess my question is how usable is the top end magnification of the Kowa's compared to the Swaros? I have read enough to know I would want the 25-50x eye piece for the ATS 65, which if the Kowa TSN-553 is usable to the full 45x I don't see the point in a 20 ounce weight penalty for 50x.

The next question becomes, is the Kowa 773 useable to the full 60x? If it is, is it worth the 30 ounce weight penalty to move from 45x to 60x?

I hunt goats, want to hunt sheep. I have not used any quality spotting scopes, so I don't have the experience to know what I want. I do know that my current (cheap) scope lacks resolving power for fine details, making it close to worthless.

Kowa TSN-553
28.5 ounces
15-45x
$1799

Swaro ATS 65 HD
49.6 ounces
25-50x
$2418

Kowa 773
59.4 ounces
25-60x
$2249

Q child

WKR

Which sizes are you talking? I'm always impressed by the view when I use a Kowa. I prefer the Kowa focuser to the swaros too - the 553 has a really nice, smooth, light touch to it that is just a pleasure to use.