Swaro v Vortex spotter opinion question

WRO

WKR
So how do you like it? - Yes, I use it significantly more than my spotter.
Why do you like it? - It's great for longer range work, I do under 3/4 mile and under with my 12's then go to the 15's
Any issues with one lense out put and the limit on FOV? No, its neck and neck with the Kowas that we have at the ranch as well. I much prefer it to gridding with my spotter.

Napperm4

WKR
I completely agree. This for me is the hard part. Im a hands on guy and it drives me nuts to not be able to look through the glass I am going to buy...even if it is Swarovski. I just had a long conversation with Cody Nelson at GoHunt and he was very successful. They do offer "insider" pricing if you guys subscibe to GoHunt. That being said, I am going to move ahead with the STX w/85mm.

A follow up question I had for all of you is, is my tripod enough? I have a Slik Pro CF 634 with a Sirui VA 5 panhead...is this enough tripod to hold the STX/85 setup? It says it is (and Cody said it would be fine) but just was curious if anyone had specific experience with this particular setup.

Thanks as always all for the feedback.

It holds my STX 95 just perfectly unless I have the center column extended or the tripod above the third section on a windy day.

OP
It holds my STX 95 just perfectly unless I have the center column extended or the tripod above the third section on a windy day.

Thanks for the response. Kind of what I figured as the setup feels very sturdy but wanted experience from someone who has run it. Appreciate it!