Swaro Vs. Kowa full system

FlyGuy

WKR
I went with the kowa 77 to basically split the difference between the swaro 65 & 85.

I also have a vortex 55 and granite peak Tripod that I’ll pack around for the 2nd scenario.

You can’t cheat the mountain

sneaky

"DADDY"
I own an ATX 95 and have looked through the Kowa 88. The Kowa was a big disappointment. My Meopta S2 I owned at the time handled the veiling haze much better than the Kowa sitting next to it. A beautiful clear center with incredible colors at noon looking at birds is great and all but picking out deer laying in tall grass while looking towards a setting sun separates the best from the also rans. For value vs performance I don’t think the Meopta S2 can be beat and for absolute best the ATX 95 is king of the hill imo. If I had the luxury of a second scope to join my ATX 95 I would look for a ATM 65 HD with a 20-50 eyepiece. I know it would be almost impossible to find but I would love to have one if cash allowed.
I still think you looked through the world's worst copy of an 88.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
So much of your question depends on how you will be using it.

10x on a tripod is fantastic for spotting game

15x on a tripod is even better

Spotter for evaluating game at long distance is excellent
The bigger objectives are always nicer...but at a weight penalty...65mm is a darn good happy medium

Those BTX units are simply off the chart awesome...but they are big, bulky, heavy and hard to justify the cost for most guys using them on one or two hunts per year
Edit; as to Kowa vs Swaro- I've not seen the Kowa binos. I've seen the 77mm spotter and its every bit as good as swaro, IMO.

Shrek

WKR
I still think you looked through the world's worst copy of an 88.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It’s certainly possible I looked through a lemon. I haven’t had the opportunity to look through another one so I’m not sure. I’m positive my ATX is fantastic !

WRO

WKR
I’ve been torn between the two. I do love the btx but I’m really not sure if I’d be happy without the variable zoom. I’ve tried fixed eyepieces before and while they do have probably the best view I’ve cursed more than once where I need that little bit extra to reach out there.

Hardly use the spotter single anymore once we started running the btx..

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve been torn between the two. I do love the btx but I’m really not sure if I’d be happy without the variable zoom. I’ve tried fixed eyepieces before and while they do have probably the best view I’ve cursed more than once where I need that little bit extra to reach out there.

You can add the Swarovski 1.7X magnifier to the BTX to get the extra zoom needed. I will say this there is not much difference in clarity either. It is very useful to have with the BTX or an ATX

I have also been contemplating selling my Kowa 88 and getting the Swaro ATX 95/65 setup. There are some features I dont care for on the Kowa. The focus knobs, I personally like the center focus wheel of the swaro. And the body not having a rubber armor. That being said, I went and pickup my buddies ATX 95 and sat it next to my Kowa 88. After looking back and forth I just couldnt get myself to sell my Kowa 88 and pay cash to boot for the ATX 95. I currently have the 25-60 WA eyepiece on my Kowa and I REALLY REALLY like that over the 20-70 on the ATX. All in all, im keeping my Kowa 88 and will be purchasing a Kowa 55 for backpack hunts where quality of the animal is very important.