Swaro vs Razor

Mahiman

FNG
Looking at a used pair of Swaro EL 10x42 with Swaro brite. They are over ten years old.
What do you think of them compared to the New Vortex Razor HD 10x42’s
Thanks

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’m not a swaro fan. I’m a vortex fan. But I’ve been farting around on Rokslide long enough now that I’m going to save you time so you can snag those $1300 swaros before they go.

Folks are going to say:

1) it’s not a comparison, buy the swaro
2) vortex sucks, buy the swaro
3) you can pay small $$ and have them likely rebuilt with newer coatings, buy the swaro
4) you’ll have to use the vortex warranty, buy the swaro
5) if you are still reading, buy the swaro

Ok. Now that, that’s out of my system ;). I tried out some newer 12x50 ELs a few months back. They are stupid impressive. Much better than razors.

I was very happy with my razors and still have a bunch of vortex stuff. I don’t own any swaro stuff but I will own 12x50 (or maybe 12x42) Swaros again in my life.

Hope that helps.

PS I did just pick up some 10x42HGs for silly good deal and I like those better than razor. Not ELs though.

Tahoe pretty much said it all 👍

I am not a Vortex fan because a lot of their stuff is made in China, but the Razor Line is made in Japan (I think). If I can’t buy American, I feel OK buying from Japan or Germany before China.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Tahoe pretty much said it all 👍

I am not a Vortex fan because a lot of their stuff is made in China, but the Razor Line is made in Japan (I think). If I can’t buy American, I feel OK buying from Japan or Germany before China.
Old razor binos made in Japan. Newer ones China. Much of the scopes with Razor still in Japan though. For reference my 10x42 razors bought 6 months ago stamped China FWIW.

JNDEER

WKR
The viewing glass is different between the two. The EL have a darker hue and flat image, the razor have a more bright hue and curve the image more giving what you see more 3D depth. Bout the best way I can put it until you spend some time between the side by side. If you have looked through one and like it- The cabelas euro is closer to the EL and the razor are closer to the SLC- to my eyes and testing I have done.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mahiman

FNG
Thanks for all the information. They have been sold. But will be ready for the next pair.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Bummer brother. Something tells me the flood gates are open. They are a good buy. I’d be on the look out for some IVO $1500-$1800 of the newer models. There are some floating around. $1300 was a steal though.

Probably a good time to be a buyer on the lookout for used swaro ELs. A bunch are about to hit the market and with the price drop on retail ELs, definitely deals to be found.