Swaro Z5 vs Nightforce SHV

Guys I am down to these two, very similar magnifications and pretty simple reticles, I am just wondering if the 250-300 more for the swaro is worth it? Thanks in advance

OP
Y
If I go with the Swaro I will set up the "Ballistic turret" but if not then probably not (depends on how much I can improve on that) I will probably just sight in high at 200 and go from there.

ChrisAU

WKR
The SHV will be the more reliable one, but I have a Z5 BT 2.4-12x50 on my primary rifle (99.999% of my hunting is Eastern whitetail 150 yards and in), and this past Saturday I abused the turrets and checked for RTZ and also shot it at 200, 300, and 400 dialing elevation and it performed perfectly. I was trying to find an excuse to drop the $ on a NF and I just can't. I love the Z5 on a light rifle, looks great, handles great, and has great glass.

If I go with the Swaro I will set up the "Ballistic turret" but if not then probably not (depends on how much I can improve on that) I will probably just sight in high at 200 and go from there.
If you setup the BT, then you'll be limited to 13.25 MOA of elevation. Depending on your setup, that could be a problem.

Had one on my 6.5 CM but sold it right away as it'd only allow me to dial out to about 650-700 yards. While I may not take a shot at a critter at that distance with this rifle, I still want to take a shot at steel further than that.

But the glass on the Swaro was stellar. Better than the VX5HD/VX6HD (to my eyes).

sneaky

"DADDY"
I HAD a Z5 wth BT. Great glass, didn't track at all or RTZ. I would take the NF all day every day if you plan on dialing and need more elevation travel. I don't care how great the glass is in a scope if it doesn't do what a scope is intended to do. My Z5 did not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
i have not compared them side by side, i have used my father in laws Z5 and shot my buddies rifle with a SHV nightforce and ATACR. the Z5 is hands down better than the nightforce SHV. if this is a hunting rifle or even a target rifle between these two choices i would go the Swaro Z5 everyday and twice on sunday. the ATACR is in a different ballgame then the other two mentioned. However my father in laws x5 glass wise is just as nice but would still take the ATACR over the X5 if it was a target or military rifle. X5 for hunting. but really depends on what your needs are. the Z5 tracked all day on his rifle but we only did his set distances on his BT.