Swarovski 8x30 to replace 8x32's?

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I have some older Nikon 8x32 HG's that are very nice but weigh in at about 26 ounces. I'd like to have something smaller for travel and hikes. Has anyone made the switch to the 8x30's and regretted it? One important element I think is that they were upgraded significantly in 2017 and so I'm interested in opinions of the upgraded version.

Pezboat

WKR
I’ve never owned any 8x32’s, but I do have the new version of the 8x30 CL’s, and love them. The glass is amazing. I don’t notice any chromatic aberration. Edge to edge clarity is good, but not great. It’s nothing I’d ever gripe about. They seem incredibly well made, and the size is perfect where you never have concern about taking them anywhere. As with all 30’s you lose a little performance at first and last light. But I can still use them a few minutes after I’m able to pick out a target and shoot with the naked eye.

AGPank

WKR
There was a pair of the new CL’s in the classifieds. I hear they are much improved over the first version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
I agree and own the second generation CL. At 1200 ish they are amazing optically. Not an EL but solid B glass by any company.

I love their size and weight, and I think you’ll be hard pressed to find this optical performance at 17 oz.

20, 21 oz there is better and costlier