Swarovski 95, upgrade to 115?

Bigwood

FNG
Hi, I have a one year old 95mm that I keep in my living room to watch the elk and other wildlife in the hills behind us. It is fantastic and sharp but I was thinking that the new 115mm would be even better. The dealer told me to just keep the 95 because the 115mm really wont do more for me except to let in more light. I don’t have a light issue with the 95 I should just keep it. I appreciate that the dealer isn’t trying to up-sale me and is honest. I never take it outside or carry it around, just leave it 0n the tripod inside. The money isn’t really part of the decision consideration.
What are your thoughts?

Chad E

WKR
If money is no object and your not going to pack it making weight no object, then yes a bigger objective will gather more light and provide a "better" view. I've done some glassing through a buddies 95 and its impressive. Hard to believe that anything could be better but according to what I know about optics the 115 should be better.

Welcome to rokslide

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
For the house and money is no object, why not? I’m keeping my 95 as it is as much as I am going to carry. 65,85,95 is not a huge weight difference...the 125 definitely is.

If I was just watching for the enjoyment from home, I would first upgrade to the BTX (if you're not already) then to the 115 and then maybe the 1.5x multiplier.

I have been contemplating upgrading to the 95 from my 65... maybe i should jump straight to the 115 :LOL: .

Probably too big to pack around sheep mountains but maybe it would save miles of packing to look at a sublegal ram 🤷‍♂️

fatrascal

WKR
If you already have the 1.7 msgnifier then yes, the 115 will be awesome. The 115 will let in much more light and if you ever get the atx to use with your system then the light gathering ability will be worth it. The atx in my opinion needed light gathering help when used with thec1.7 magnigier. The BTX on the other hand gathered plenty of light but the more light the better. I will be selling my 95 to get money for the 115. Fatrascal.

CLP

FNG
I’ve been hunting with the 115 on my BTX since early October and it’s AMAZING. Had the 95 prior and as most said, the 115 is huge and bulky but if you don’t need to pack it I can’t imagine why one wouldn’t see the benefit over the 95.

Thanks everyone for the help! You will see my 95 in the classifieds soon!
Well... thoughts or regrets on the upgrade? I'm looking at the 95mm vs 115mm now and would like your thoughts on whether it's worth the extra ~1k?

OP
B

Bigwood

FNG
I am glad that I made the upgrade! BUT it is defiantly heavy, I wouldn't want to carry it very far, mine lives in my living room. I wasn't able to compare them side to side but the magnification is about the same, just the FoV is wider and the amount of light let in is more. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Elkangle

WKR
1st impression are if your gona Cary the 95 you might aswell Cary the 115....its heavy but this picture is pretty sweet

The 95 btx is dark

magus

FNG
@Bigwood Glad you started this thread as I have just picked up a BTX and it will also live in or around my house much more then being packed in to the woods. I have seen the majority of reviews say that the difference between the 95 and the 115 is noticeable though, as always, a few that have questioned the difference for $1k. I'm going to "go big" with the 115.