Swarovski ATS 65 vs Swarovski ATX 65

Hey Guys, I’m just looking for some input on a new spotter. I’m looking at the 65mm Swarovskis and was just wondering if the atx is worth the extra money. My sheep gear budget has more than enough $$$ to get the either but just want to make sure that the extra ozs and extra $$$ are actually noticeable worth it.

Thanks
-Mad

madcalfe

WKR
thats entirely up to you. Alot of people have used the ATS for years and still is one of the best spotters. the one benefit of the ATX is you can buy different objective lenses to go with the eye piece.

For a pure and simple sheep/goat spotter I would not hesitate with an ATS just due to 11oz less and you are not giving up that much. I do like my STX with the 65 but man my STS holds good ground with the 25-50 WA (Not the 20-60) in a smaller and lighter weight package. If I could only take my STS (Or an ATS in your case) I would not mind one bit.

With that said, the STX is a bit better in every way, the biggest being the eyepiece and Swarovision field flatteners. I love how relaxed and big the eye piece is. I can definitely put my eyes behind it for longer. The extra 10 power is also nice if you need extra verification which I love for mule deer and elk. However, if we're talking sheep and legality we're under 300 yards.

Last edited: