Swarovski ATX 65 spotter tripod attachment question

Hello all. I purchased a used Swarovski ATX 65 in 2019 - it had barely been used by the previous owner.

I was advised by a local Swarovski dealer that a Manfrotto tripod they had on hand would work for the scope. However, I was never happy with the security of the attachment (it just didn't seem right) and was worried that a) the scope would fall off at some point and b) the tripod head mount would damage the spotter foot.

My reading says the latest ATX scopes will fit directly into an Arca Swiss head attachment and these scopes are marked "AS" on the foot bottom. Mine doesn't appear to have that.

What attachment system should I be using for this scope?

I called Swarovski customer service and they said the best option was their carbon head - at a mere $666 US.

Attachments

• Image(6).jpeg
    Image(6).jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Image(5).jpeg
    Image(5).jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 27

Wheels

WKR
Order an adapter plate for your Monfrotto tripod head from Monfrotto or another optics retailer would be your best bet. It will attach to the bottom of your spotter.

Depending on what Manfrotto head you have like stated you just need the quick release plate. Normally the tripod head usually comes with one plate.
Here are a bunch of them.

OP
B
Which specific plate? My ATX isn’t marked “AS” for Arca Swiss. Is the foot shown in my photo an Arca Swiss?

Last edited:

Wheels

WKR
Your tripod head should have a model number on it, just order a quick release plate for that model head.