Swarovski ATX 85 Spotter coming

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Roksliders,

I am excited to get the newest super-spotter from Swarovski. Should be here sometime this week or next. I will put it through the paces.

Craig4791

WKR
Right on BB!! What eyepiece will you be using with it?

Also other than being 85mm is the glass any different than the ATS?

Don't forget it in one of those backpacks and throw it off a cliff. Can't wait to hear a review, I'll take one in 65 and 95 please.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Right on BB!! What eyepiece will you be using with it?

Also other than being 85mm is the glass any different than the ATS?

You don't switch eyepieces with the ATX/STX spotters. You just switch objectives! A neat idea really. The integrated eyepiece is wide angle, and provides 25-60x with the 65mm and 85mm objectives, and 30-70x on the 95mm objective.

The optical design is a total redesign from the ATS/STS series. The eyepiece includes a "Swarovison" field flattener as well.

Now if I could get my hands on the Kowa 88 and their new WA 25-60x zoom ...

Craig4791

WKR
Ahh I see. So you can't throw a 95mm on your 85 eyepiece? That's a real buzzkill if so! I haven't done any research on them but I thought they were advertising them as being super versatile with the objective options.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh I see. So you can't throw a 95mm on your 85 eyepiece? That's a real buzzkill if so! I haven't done any research on them but I thought they were advertising them as being super versatile with the objective options.

You can put any of the objectives on the eyepiece. which objective you put on the eyepiece determines the magnification range. Very versatile.

Craig4791

WKR
Oh ok , I think I get it now lol. That is very cool actually.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts on it.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can see myself with this system with versatility and what I've read, I'm excited for the review.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
BB-
Will you be getting your hands on the other objectives?

Not right away, unfortunately.

I am most intersted in the 65 and 85, as I see the 95 could be a bit physically big for "backcountry" use. Nice for the range, and close to the pickup though.

shaun

WKR
A buddy of mine picked up the 95 haven't played with it much but I agree would be a killer close to truck spotter. I love how they did the atx/stx series ya eyepiece is around 2100 retail but a guy can have a 65 and 85mm for around 2000 for the objectives

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I have heard nothing but great things from the few people around here that have had them for a while... Looking forward to your review BB.