Swarovski binos took a tumble

Went out camping with the wife this weekend while out there that evening I decided to hike up to a small ridge to glass. While up there I had my new pair of 15x56s on a tripod and decided I needed to move 10 feet to the right to get out of the sun. This is where I went wrong instead of being careful and putting them back into the bino harness I left them on the tripod so i wouldn't have to set them up again. I picked up the tripod and started moving when they unlatched from the attachment (my fault for not tightening down the outdoorsman stud attachment enough) and they fell roughly 4 feet to the ground on a rock and rolled a little bit....time stood still as I couldn't believe what happened, a level of unintelligible profanity was said as I reached for the binos. After inspection I could see the glass itself was ok but the outside was marred pretty bad and a good sized dent into the right side of the bino where it landed. I looked through them and they seemed fine but I will send them in to make sure everything is ok internally and to see if they can put a new coating on the outside or whatever it is to make it look good again. If anyone has experience with their repair service please feel free to let me know how it went. Im prepared to pay to have them fixed seeing as how it was all my fault I just hope its not into the thousands of dollars, I will keep this updated as i hear from swarovksi if anyone is curious.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Their repair service is very good. Call them, ship the the binos, and they will do some under warranty and quote you for the rest.

fatrascal

WKR
I once had my backpack get away from me while climbing up some rocks and it rolled about a hundred yards down the mountain and stopped in the creek. When I got to it I found my Swarovski spotting scope eyepiece wobbled and the objective lens barrel was out of round. I sent it to Swarovski and told them what happened. They fixed it free of charge.
Call them first and they will give you a work order number which is a requirement. Good luck I'm sure they will treat you good. Fatrascal.

Mine tumbled down the hill a few hundred yards and broke the ocular lenses pretty bad. Repair time was around 6 weeks (if I remember right) and it was under $120 to get them back to tip top shape.

Brianb3

WKR
They replaced all four lenses on my 10x42 ELR replaced the green rubber coating new focus dial and eye cups and Lens covers free.

Had sent them in to repair the range finder. They went above n beyond.

They said that service is 300$ normally. Pretty nominal for essentially new Binos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk