Swarovski BTX

OP
gledeasy

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
I've not tried it from a window, but I did all the time with my ats. Can't imagine it being any different.

Amazing how much better glassing with both eyes has been. I can see its limitations when it comes to zooming close in for better judging, but I've stopped using my ats this season for now. The image just seems that much better with the btx.

Here's a buck I stalked into the other day to 15 yards after spotting him in the sage. Elected to pass. Hope it ends up being the right decision.

2019-08-23 18.12.53.pngIMG_20190823_131656_155.jpg

fatrascal

WKR
I recently got the BTX and absolutely love it. With that being said, I only pack the 65mm with single eyepiece due to weight ndspace. Plus, the single eyepiece ATX 65mm still out powers the BTX. The 65mm can zoom up to 60 power while the BTX is a fixed 30 or 35 power depending on which objective lens you use. Thats at least a 25 power magnification difference and too valuable of a capability to do without. Sure you could get the 1.7 magnifier for the BTX but then you get back to the weight and bulk issue. And you can use the 1.7 magnifier with the ATX as well which again out powers the BTX. The BTX is amazing and I'm very happy to have it in my lineup of optic tools but the ATX in my opinion is a better all around tool. Fatrascal.

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
I recently got the BTX and absolutely love it. With that being said, I only pack the 65mm with single eyepiece due to weight ndspace. Plus, the single eyepiece ATX 65mm still out powers the BTX. The 65mm can zoom up to 60 power while the BTX is a fixed 30 or 35 power depending on which objective lens you use. Thats at least a 25 power magnification difference and too valuable of a capability to do without. Sure you could get the 1.7 magnifier for the BTX but then you get back to the weight and bulk issue. And you can use the 1.7 magnifier with the ATX as well which again out powers the BTX. The BTX is amazing and I'm very happy to have it in my lineup of optic tools but the ATX in my opinion is a better all around tool. Fatrascal.
i just ordered an ATX 65 set up to add to my BTX 85 set up main reason being for hiking and window spotting plus my wife tends to hog my BTX lol. really looking forward to it arriving..

FishTacos

FNG
Correct it is the modular system so breaking in down makes it super easy to hike with and be able to change out objective lens if you need to
Do you have any recommendations on breaking down the BTX? I run an Exo 4800 and when the BTX 85mm combo is used and in one piece, it has to go in the main compartment. If I break it down the lens could run down the side and the eye piece could go in the main compartment. what do you do to keep it a bit safer when you break it down to pack it?

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have any recommendations on breaking down the BTX? I run an Exo 4800 and when the BTX 85mm combo is used and in one piece, it has to go in the main compartment. If I break it down the lens could run down the side and the eye piece could go in the main compartment. what do you do to keep it a bit safer when you break it down to pack it?
Marsupial gear sells a fantastic case for the BTX that’s easily mounted to and pack with the webbing loops provided.