Swarovski CCT carbon fiber tripod

MountainMan83

So I did it! I found a used Swarovski 65HD 25-50 scope for a good price and bought it! The deal came with a Swarovski CCT compact carbon tripod and CTH tripod head. Now my dilemma is whether or not to sell the tripod due to the weight (approx 4.5lbs). I am a mobile hunter and plan on bringing my scope with my miles back in the mountains, which is why I wanted the light Swaro 65 in the first place. It kinda defeats the purpose of getting a lighter spotting scope if I am carrying a heavy tripod. I was leaning toward the Sirui 024SK with fluid head which is just under 3lbs total. I know I may be giving up some stability going with a lighter tripod, but I think the Sirui tripod should be stable while sitting with the lighter Swaro and still has the ability to use standing if needed. My question is, does anyone else carry a heavy tripod and like the benefits of a heavier tripod or really like their Swarovski CCT tripod? Looking to see if anyone can convince me not to sell it.

AZ_Hunter_2000

Well Known Rokslider
If camp is on my back, I take my Slik 635; otherwise it’s my Manfrotto 290 XTRA CF. With the same head there’s a 20oz difference.

While it is not Rokslide “cool”, it 100% works at a fraction of the cost that the “elite” use.

While I love my Swaro optics, there’s no way I’d pay Swaro prices for a tripod/head.

Twitch

Well Known Rokslider
I picked up a Revic Stabilizer Backpacker tripod and have been very happy with it. I use my 82mm spotter on it without issue. Very small and light.

OP
M

MountainMan83

I picked up a Revic Stabilizer Backpacker tripod and have been very happy with it. I use my 82mm spotter on it without issue. Very small and light.
How long have you used your Revic Backpacker tripod? Have you had a chance to compare it to any other tripods (Sirui or Slik)?