SWAROVSKI EL 10X42 RANGE"my new optics"

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they would have thought of Bowhunters, it would be the ultimate. I think Zeiss is going to beat them to the punch and make one with angle compensating, yardage down to 10 and right hand button. Time will tell, but enjoy your new item. Swarovski is the best of the best IMHO.

OP
S
If they would have thought of Bowhunters, it would be the ultimate. I think Zeiss is going to beat them to the punch and make one with angle compensating, yardage down to 10 and right hand button. Time will tell, but enjoy your new item. Swarovski is the best of the best IMHO.

ya that's the only down fall is the 40yards min measures...but the left hand button is genius i am left handed ;-}

B

bearguide

how far out will they range with arc / i think 40 yrds min is fine, it is past there where it matters.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I caved in and bought these also. I tried the Zeiss Victory Rangefinding binoculars and was not impressed at all, so I sent them back. I tried the Swarovski EL Range at a local store and found them to be extremely nice. The left side button did not make one difference as I can hit it with my right index finger without any issues or adjustment. The display is crisp, clear and the optics are better than any other companies. Those benefits out weighed the 33 yard minimum on the range finder side of things. They are also very comfortable, even though I thought the new shape would bug me a little as they sat against your chest, but couldn't even tell.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Rosin, I have fondled them many times. How do you like the glass compared to the standard EL's

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the 12x50 ELs which I think are the exact same glass. If they are not, I can't tell any difference. I personally believe the ELs with HD glass is the best out there.

D

david long

After reading the comments.....it might be time for me to upgrade my optics. I like the idea of not having to mess around with a separate rangefinder.

DEW

Lil-Rokslider
Ranged 2078 yds earlier this spring with mine. couple other time above 2000yds, I dont think they will do it consistantly but if conditions are right???? DEW