Swarovski El 8.5x42 selling price?

Spiblin

FNG
Good morning all,

I'm thinking of selling my set of 8.5x42 EL's (swarovision model, made around 2018 I believe). No scratches or wear on the glass, they are in pretty good shape. I'm not sure what approximately they are going for used these days though. If anyone has some idea, insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mid summer is a bad time to sell gear like that, prices and demand is much lower than just before or during hunting season when everyone drags their stuff out to use and feels the need to change things or add things. Plus add to that our wonderful economy right now and prices are basically in the shitter.

In a good market $1800ish for an excellent condition pair that's the latest model with the fieldpro style caps and stuff. Right now I'd say $1500 and even then they'll sit for a little while and you may have to take less. Even NL's and selling in mint condition for nearly $1000 off retail right now.

If you're not hard up for cash I'd wait until the end of september.

OP
Spiblin

Spiblin

FNG
Mid summer is a bad time to sell gear like that, prices and demand is much lower than just before or during hunting season when everyone drags their stuff out to use and feels the need to change things or add things. Plus add to that our wonderful economy right now and prices are basically in the shitter.

In a good market $1800ish for an excellent condition pair that's the latest model with the fieldpro style caps and stuff. Right now I'd say $1500 and even then they'll sit for a little while and you may have to take less. Even NL's and selling in mint condition for nearly $1000 off retail right now.

If you're not hard up for cash I'd wait until the end of september.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I will certainly keep this in mind

AGPank

WKR
I haven’t been watching lately. Check eBay and then remember selling there costs 10%. I saw a field pro set a couple weeks ago on FB Birding group for $1,700.

Easier to start higher and have room to negotiate. Archery season is 4 weeks away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
They are all over the board, ones around $1400 or less normally sell pretty quick, the $1600+ ones normally sit for a while. I’ve seen a couple pairs sell on eBay for sub $1K in the last few months. I feel like the EL’s took a hit now that the NL’s are out and hitting the used market.