WTS Swarovski EL 8.5x42 WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I accidentally posted these in the general classified section. I closed that thread and re-posted here in the optics section.

I purchased these in 2018 from the original owner. They were manufactured in 2007 according to the serial.
They were sent back to Swarovski in 2019 for inspection and cleaning. The coatings were also updated at that time. Outdoorsmans installed the stud in 2019. These binos are in excellent condition with very light signs of wear. The glass is completely scratch free and in perfect condition.

Includes the following-
Original packaging
Neck strap
Soft case
Outdoorsmans Tall Bino Adapter

$1600 TYD
No trades, only selling to upgrade.
PayPal with fees covered by buyer

Attachments

• bino 1.jpg
    bino 1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 186
  • bino 2.jpg
    bino 2.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 177
  • bino 3.jpg
    bino 3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 174
  • bino 4.jpg
    bino 4.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 153
  • bino 5.jpg
    bino 5.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 144
  • bino 6.jpg
    bino 6.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 138
  • bino 7.jpg
    bino 7.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 139
OP
J

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bump.
Price drop to $1500 TYD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bump and price drop.
$1350 TYD!
I need these gone!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I can’t believe these haven’t sold, this is as good as a new el with the updated coatings...if I didn’t have a pair of nl pure 8s I’d have bought these days ago.

morgaj1

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
What does it mean that the coatings were updated? Are they HD now?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
What does it mean that the coatings were updated? Are they HD now?

Yes, it means they have the swarobright coating which is the same coatings a new set has

brmtn

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Great binoculars... I have the same pair and love them. Unlike newer SV ELs these are not know to show any "rolling ball" effect while panning. 8.5x is a nice balance between good magnification, a stable, steady image and wide FOV. These are alpha glass all the way. GLWS.

OP
J

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for kind words guys! I had no plans of getting rid of these but I recently ordered a pair of the new EL Range and that is the only reason these are for sale.

OP
J

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
These have Swarobright, not Swarovision. They won't be HD.

This is correct. Swarobright coating but not Swarovision glass.
FWIW- I have never compared these side by side to a Swarovision model but I have read several accounts from people who have and most say they can tell no difference between the two in the field.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
swarovision gives you the field flattener lenses and are clear right to the edge of the glass. an advantage only if that small difference matters for the price difference. I have new EL's but prefer my SLC so the field flattener isn't value added for me.

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for kind words guys! I had no plans of getting rid of these but I recently ordered a pair of the new EL Range and that is the only reason these are for sale.

A little unasked for advice - if you have just ordered EL Ranges, I would keep these EL's unless you really need the money.

I did the same as you; I bought EL Ranges, then I couldn't sell my EL's for the price I wanted. After half a hunting season I wound up being happy they didn't sell. I was able to compare directly in several situations. I went back to binos plus a rangefinder and sold the EL Ranges because they are heavier and clunkier, slightly less vision clarity, and I didn't need the range that often. Plus rangefinders keep getting better. In my reading of the threads it seems about a 50/50 split on those who have tried both and prefer RF binos and those who prefer binos plus an RF.

If you're set on selling now, consider this a free bump. These look like a really good deal; somebody should pick them up!

Last edited:
OP
J

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
A little unasked for advice - if you have just ordered EL Ranges, I would keep these EL's unless you really need the money.

I did the same as you; I bought EL Ranges, then I couldn't sell my EL's for the price I wanted. After half a hunting season I wound up being happy they didn't sell. I was able to compare directly in several situations. I went back to binos plus a rangefinder and sold the EL Ranges because they are heavier and clunkier, slightly less vision clarity, and I didn't need the range that often. Plus rangefinders keep getting better. In my reading of the threads it seems about a 50/50 split on those who have tried both and prefer RF binos and those who prefer binos plus an RF.

If you're set on selling now, consider this a free bump. These look like a really good deal; somebody should pick them up!

Thanks for the input! The new EL Range model appears to be a big improvement with a ton of new features over the old model. I’m hoping they’re as impressive as they appear to be. I hunt solo a lot and the tracking assistant feature looks amazing for the solo hunter.

OP
J

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Last price drop.
$1300 TYD well packaged and fully insured.
I should also mention that the warranty on these is fully transferable to the new owner.

slim9300

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thinking about these. This thread is killing me and I have the 8.5x42 EL SV’s.

OP
J

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Back up top. Price is $1300 firm.

OP
J

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Back up top.
I would also consider trading these for a like new Night Force SHV 5-20x56 MOAR plus cash.

slim9300

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Somebody PLEASE buy these......killing me seeing these here.

100% feel your pain. My wife never cares when I spend money, but I couldn’t even get her buy in on this purchase. She tells me that her binos are good enough for her.

At least the OP is getting a free bump.

Usmcff

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
100% feel your pain. My wife never cares when I spend money, but I couldn’t even get her buy in on this purchase. She tells me that her binos are good enough for her.

At least the OP is getting a free bump.

Been watching these as well, if they were 10s I’d have snatched them up. 8x just isn’t enough magnification for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.