Swarovski EL bino harness

Just picked up a set of these binoculars...very impressed. I've only ever used bino buddies or crooked horn, but I'm thinking I'd like a bit more protection for this pair. I've been reading through some threads, so I know some of the options out there. I only hunt in Minnesota for now and that means lots of time in a stand. Not looking for a back pack on my chest if you know what I mean. I'm worried a bit about drawing a bow with some of the larger options as I have what the doctors call "a bit of a weight problem". I've been looking at the Sitka option as well as the new Kuiu Pro as my front-runners

What is everyone using? If you have an EL 10x50 in there, i'd really like to know what works.

I run marsupial gear.
My binos are the swarovski 10x42 el sv.
I run them in a size small harness with the eyepiece cover on.
I hunt deer and Turkey mostly. I climb a lot of trees to hunt deer and crawl on a lot of turkeys in the spring.
I feel totally confident in the protection the harness offers.
I shoot a bow or gun without any issues with this setup.

GPool1842

WKR
Marsupial. Just switched from Mystery Ranch to Marsupial. The Marsupial is sweet, love the way it open away from your body and stays open with the magnets while requiring only one hand to operate. Only thing I miss from the Mystery Ranch is the stretch fabric at the connection points to allow the harness some play.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I run Sitka's bino Bivy and it works great. Has a low profile that keeps it away from bow strings and hang ups with gear. Also really good straps and fit great under my pack.

I run a marsupial out west, but for sitting in a treestand whitetail hunting, I really like the rick young ultralight harness. It doesn't offer any protection, but I don't worry too much about it in the stand.

The marsupial would work fine in a stand though too.

I ran the older Kuiu Bino Harness the past 3 years. Just bought an Alaska Guide Creations Kodiak Cub to try something different. You will have to go to the Classic model if you have the range finding Swaros as they wont fit in the Kodiak Cub.

eltaco

WKR
I’m in the same boat, just picked up a set of 10x50 ELs. I have the older KUIU harness in size XL and seems there’s a fair bit of room top spare. I’m wondering if it would fit the smaller L version.

I’m definitely not wanting a Bino Harness which uses magnets. No bueno for compass. I’m in between the older or new Pro Harness from KUIU.

Exactly why I wanted nothing to do with the Marsupial. Great harness, well made and I love the design. If it weren’t for the magnets that can disrupt compass function as well as other potential electronics I would have considered it. Don’t be fooled either, the magnetic closure is not always quiet. There is a snap to it which is audible.

Your 10x50s will NOT fit in the size Large Kuiu Harness. I ordered the large initially with my 10x42s and they wouldn’t even fit in the Large.

eltaco

WKR
Exactly why I wanted nothing to do with the Marsupial. Great harness, well made and I love the design. If it weren’t for the magnets that can disrupt compass function as well as other potential electronics I would have considered it. Don’t be fooled either, the magnetic closure is not always quiet. There is a snap to it which is audible.

Your 10x50s will NOT fit in the size Large Kuiu Harness. I ordered the large initially with my 10x42s and they wouldn’t even fit in the Large.

Hey, that’s some good insight. I appreciate it!

Yeah, I ordered another harness with magnetic enclosure here last year. Same deal, there was actually no way to close that thing without making a noise, and i had to hold my Garmin watch a full arms length away before it would read correct direction.

So I’m in between keeping my KUIU harness, which I actually like quite a bit.... or try the new KUIU Pro Harness. Chances are I just stick with what I have. I like the lightweight, simplistic design.

BluMtn

WKR
I run an S4 with mt swaro 12x50s. Simple and protects your investment. I am not into caring a pack on my chest. Had a badlands and it was ok, but just to bulky for my taste. If I was looking to upgrade to a full enclosure I might look at the new KUIU pro. Just don't buy a used one and expect KUIU to help you in the warranty dept. Even if you buy it new make sure you keep all your paperwork so you can prove you bought from them. I learned the hard way if you don't keep your paperwork.

OP
C
Thanks for all the replies. I looked a bit at the S4, just wasn't sure it it offered enough coverage for me. I'm hoping the Kuiu ones come back into stock soon so I can try one and see if it'll work for me.

eltaco

WKR
Just for kicks, I ordered a Large KUIU Bino Harness today (non-Pro). The XL fits, but it’s pretty loose. I gathered all of the dimensions for the 4 KUIU options and thought the L Bino had the closest fit by the numbers. If going the route of the Pro Harness, you’d certainly need to go XL, which looks to have a LOT of excess space.

I’ll let you know what I find. I’ve found some instances of people saying this Large fits the 10x50.