Swarovski El Range 10x42 TA Tripod Use

JMM1990

FNG
Does anyone have any experience mounting the Swarovski EL Range 10x42 TA to a tripod? I'm currently using the Aziak Equipment bino clamp, but doesn't seem to fit right with the EL Range due to their shape.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the same clamp. It’s ok. Honestly I ditched it and now running a tac table and small bag filled with git lite. Much more versatile and so easy to use glassing.
e3c2376e256a0bc4c5adbd79897c7a5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRS3

FNG
Yes, Outdoorsman installed a stud and I use it with an Arca post mount. I switch between it and 15x56mm very easily. Others have the studs too.

OP
J

JMM1990

FNG
Yes, Outdoorsman installed a stud and I use it with an Arca post mount. I switch between it and 15x56mm very easily. Others have the studs too.
The outdoorsman stud is what I would prefer to use, but I heard if you install the stud on the EL Range it can void the warranty with Swarovski. I'm not sure if that is true or not though.

JRS3

FNG
Read the overview

OP
J

JMM1990

FNG
Read the overview

Awesome! Looks like I will be sending mine in after the season. Thanks for the info!

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
The outdoorsman stud is what I would prefer to use, but I heard if you install the stud on the EL Range it can void the warranty with Swarovski. I'm not sure if that is true or not though.

I had it installed on my EL Range. I was told the Outdoorsman is the only one that wouldn’t void Swaro warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kestrel Gassing Systems has an option so you don't have to drill into your Swaros. I think it's been figured out Swaro will not warranty the binos if they have been drilled.

1709510916580.png

I have the Outdoorsman and it's rock solid. I haven't figured out a good solution for what to do with the post if I put my spotting scope on my tripod. The post with adapter plate is too bulky to leave attached to my binos and still fit in my bino harness (marsupial gear). It's too bulky to fit in the side stretch pockets of the bino harness so it usually leads to stashing it somewhere, which can lead to forgetting where I put it. They're not cheap either... I use binos on the tripod a lot more than my spotter so it usually stays attached to the tripod head. I've lost a post and had to order another one. I can see why they make them in bright colors now.

I wish outdoorsman made something that clamped to a tripod leg that allowed you to attach the post to a tripod leg. I've tried tieing the little bag the post comes in to the tripod but it flops around and usually comes untied.

Wiser Precision just came out this this and looks pretty sweet. https://www.wiserprecision.com/products/ba-7-sparrow-bino-adapter

Kestrel Gassing Systems has an option so you don't have to drill into your Swaros. I think it's been figured out Swaro will not warranty the binos if they have been drilled.
Swarovski will warranty the binocular if it has been sent into Outdoorsmans and their 3rd party machine shop does the work. Only place to get it done... if its been drilled by anyone else they will not warranty it. Call Swarovski... I made the call before I sent my Els in. Its the best thing I have done with my binoculars.

1709668844985.png

I have the Outdoorsman and it's rock solid. I haven't figured out a good solution for what to do with the post if I put my spotting scope on my tripod. The post with adapter plate is too bulky to leave attached to my binos and still fit in my bino harness (marsupial gear). It's too bulky to fit in the side stretch pockets of the bino harness so it usually leads to stashing it somewhere, which can lead to forgetting where I put it. They're not cheap either... I use binos on the tripod a lot more than my spotter so it usually stays attached to the tripod head. I've lost a post and had to order another one. I can see why they make them in bright colors now.

I wish outdoorsman made something that clamped to a tripod leg that allowed you to attach the post to a tripod leg. I've tried tieing the little bag the post comes in to the tripod but it flops around and usually comes untied.

Wiser Precision just came out this this and looks pretty sweet. https://www.wiserprecision.com/products/ba-7-sparrow-bino-adapter

I also have the Marsupial Gear binocular harness, I stash mine upside in the side stretch pocket. The base does stick out a bit, which helps to take it out, and it stays in there very snug. I've never had a worry of the adapter falling out.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Swarovski will warranty the binocular if it has been sent into Outdoorsmans and their 3rd party machine shop does the work. Only place to get it done... if its been drilled by anyone else they will not warranty it. Call Swarovski... I made the call before I sent my Els in. Its the best thing I have done with my binoculars.

View attachment 683064
If that's true that's great..!