Swarovski eyepiece on Vortex Razor spotting scope

Wheels

WKR
Has anyone put a Swarovski 25-50WA eyepiece on their Razor HD scope body? Just curious if it would be worth the extra cost to upgrade the eyepiece. I've heard that it will fit, but looking for input before that is something I consider.

AKjon

FNG
I know this is an old thread, but FYI, I was at my local Sportsmen Warehouse last night browsing spotters and the old timer working the counter not only pointed this out, but swapped the eyepiece from the swaro to the vortex so I could check it out. I'm sold! The Vortex was great as-is but the swaro eyepiece took it up a notch for sure.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Can you confirm if it was one of the old razors (dual focus) or the new ones (barrel focus).

also what did you notice was better? The field of view appears to be close to the same on the Gen 1 version.

I love my Gen 1 would love it more with a new eyepiece just need to confirm juice is worth the squeeze.

Thanks!

AKjon

FNG
Can you confirm if it was one of the old razors (dual focus) or the new ones (barrel focus).

also what did you notice was better? The field of view appears to be close to the same on the Gen 1 version.

I love my Gen 1 would love it more with a new eyepiece just need to confirm juice is worth the squeeze.

Thanks!
Tahoe, yes it was the Gen 1 version. Sales associate mentioned that Vortex had to change their design on the Gen 2, so I dont think the Swaro eyepiece will work with them. To me, the clarity was a bit better, and the Swaro seemed to have a bit more power (almost seemed like 70x vs Vortex 60x). Doesn't sound like much, but seemed like a worth while upgrade to me. I'd be patient and look for a good deal on the Swaro eyepiece. Catch one on sale, or maybe even lightly used.

I run one of the gen 1 razor 85mm spotters and while I haven't heard of the swaro eyepiece fitting, there was a Burris eyepiece that fit as well as a fixed 30x WA eyepiece that has reticle in it. I found one in MOA and it lives on there. I would probably pick up a swaro if it does indeed work.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Awesome. Good info. Love the Gen 1s. Will make a killer package for just north of $1k weight and performance.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Was the money for the upgrade worth it?
No first hand experience, but some birding forum research early today had a few saying the 20-60 was a very close mirror image of the razor factory (size, weight, function). I find that hard to believe personally but I’ve developed some trust for those bird forums.

They say the 25-50 is different and better.

I’ve done some objective reviews on binos in the past. When I return from my elk hunt I may snag the 25-50 (maybe a 20-60 too) and do some testing and post back to this thread.

AZ_J

FNG
Was the money for the upgrade worth it?
I bought it that way off of someone, now I have the 65mm not the 85mm spotter
However I have used both eyepieces. Everything just looks a tiny bit clearer. Is it worth it, maybe. But i bought the combo off someone for basically what the swaro eyepiece costs. But I dont really go past about 45x magnification as I think it gets fuzzy any more. But at 45x, if I cant see it, I ain't going over there.

No first hand experience, but some birding forum research early today had a few saying the 20-60 was a very close mirror image of the razor factory (size, weight, function). I find that hard to believe personally but I’ve developed some trust for those bird forums.

They say the 25-50 is different and better.

I’ve done some objective reviews on binos in the past. When I return from my elk hunt I may snag the 25-50 (maybe a 20-60 too) and do some testing and post back to this thread.
Was there ever any update on this?

Tahoe1305

WKR
I bought the 25-50. It’s solid. Fits fine. Have no doubt the 20-60 would too.

The 25-50 definitely has a wider FOV throughout. I think resolution is a tad better too but FOV is biggest difference. Probably not worth the same price as the spotter though unless you have a swaro too or plan to upgrade in further IMO.

I bought the 25-50. It’s solid. Fits fine. Have no doubt the 20-60 would too.

The 25-50 definitely has a wider FOV throughout. I think resolution is a tad better too but FOV is biggest difference. Probably not worth the same price as the spotter though unless you have a swaro too or plan to upgrade in further IMO.
Thank you