Swarovski Fail

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
Never had issues with scopes I have sent in, but have heard that they have been cracking down on what’s covered under warranty recently. Maybe they got tired of replacing customer damage for free and started charging a fee which seems fair. Haven’t ventured into their Bono’s as my Leicas trinovids are pretty good and can’t bring myself to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
The short of it is they are out of alignment. The left and right eyepiece do not focus at the same rate no matter how I set the diopter. Obviously this is a major problem.

This has not been unusual in my, and others experience with Swarovski. Before people come up with excuses- I’m currently using Swaro binos, and I see around a dozen different ones used each year, along with the same number of other alpha optics. Swaro has the highest problem rate by far from what I’ve seen in the last decade plus.

This is meant as both but a FYI for people that may be reading. When used hard side by side, Swaro’s do not handle the same treatment that others do.

This has not been unusual in my, and others experience with Swarovski. Before people come up with excuses- I’m currently using Swaro binos, and I see around a dozen different ones used each year, along with the same number of other alpha optics. Swaro has the highest problem rate by far from what I’ve seen in the last decade plus.

This is meant as both but a FYI for people that may be reading. When used hard side by side, Swaro’s do not handle the same treatment that others do.

Genuinely curious, what is the average age of the Swaros you're seeing, and what kinds of problems?

What is the average age of the other brands you're seeing?

MtnMuley

WKR
I've paid $50 3 times for one of my pairs of EL's and was damn happy to have them back in just over a week each time.

Wrench

WKR
I personally wouldn't be surprised if its 46 weeks. I waited most of that when i scrambled one of their scopes in record time. I sure didn't get the fantastic service some speak of.

JGTWI

WKR
Classified Approved
Wait the 4-6 weeks and put that $50 towards a hearing aid.

15677d840e5022155fb05a57387dc168.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the best meme post I’ve seen on here yet. Nice work.

WRO

WKR
Interesting. Pretty amazing that Swaro is running a 4 week turnaround with their binos needing to be recollimated every 0-2 years. Wonder how they're achieving that.

This the first I've heard of it. We've got probably 20 pairs between my hunting partners, many that are 10+ years old and no one has mentioned needing columniation fixed.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Interesting. Pretty amazing that Swaro is running a 4 week turnaround with their binos needing to be recollimated every 0-2 years. Wonder how they're achieving that.

Did I say or imply that all Swaros have problems? Or is it just that you do not believe that there are differences in durability and longevity between top optics? It’s ok, obviously I’m just bashing Swaro as your thinly veiled passive aggressive reply stated, even though I am still using Swaro’s....

Last edited:
Reactions: WRO
Did I say or imply that all Swaros have problems? Or is it just that you do not believe that there are differences in durability and longevity between top optics? It’s ok, obviously I’m just bashing Swaro as your thinly veiled passive aggressive reply stated, even though I am still using Swaro’s....

Based on your post that they have the "highest problem rate by far", I assumed that you meant some significant portion. Are you saying that an insignificant portion of them have this issue, but that it's just more than the other companies?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Based on your post that they have the "highest problem rate by far", I assumed that you meant some significant portion. Are you saying that an insignificant portion of them have this issue, but that it's just more than the other companies?

A significant portion that I use and see, which admittedly aren’t being handled with kid gloves, have issues. Between loss of collimation, fogging, focus knob issues (which mine currently have), and the bridge- somewhere around 1/3rd to 1/2th of the Swaro’s develop issues within the first coupe of years. It’s common enough that when it happens, it isn’t surprising.
Contrast that with maybe, and really maybe, one out of every ten Leica, Zeiss, or Meopta optics having an issue in the same time period. I’m not a Swaro bino hater, but in my experience they are the most fragile of the Alphas.

A significant portion that I use and see, which admittedly aren’t being handled with kid gloves, have issues. Between loss of collimation, fogging, focus knob issues (which mine currently have), and the bridge- somewhere around 1/3rd to 1/2th of the Swaro’s develop issues within the first coupe of years. It’s common enough that when it happens, it isn’t surprising.
Contrast that with maybe, and really maybe, one out of every ten Leica, Zeiss, or Meopta optics having an issue in the same time period. I’m not a Swaro bino hater, but in my experience they are the most fragile of the Alphas.

So, in the hardest use profile, ~40% of them have an issue within the first two years? Do you see these issues repeatedly?

Genuinely curious, because this now sounds like (again) a significant portion, and we're getting back to how in the heck are they repairing 40% of their binos every 0-2 years?

tdhanses

WKR
So, in the hardest use profile, ~40% of them have an issue within the first two years? Do you see these issues repeatedly?

Genuinely curious, because this now sounds like (again) a significant portion, and we're getting back to how in the heck are they repairing 40% of their binos every 0-2 years?
For one most barely use theirs 2 weeks a year, so they will be fine for almost a lifetime. How many use their stuff daily?

Every company’s warranty is used, unlike Vortex where every product sees the warranty dept.