Swarovski illuminated reticles

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some input on Swarovski's Z series illumination. In particular the Z5i 3.5-18x44mm in BRH. All of the diagrams I've seen show the center being a physical dot and not just bloom as you see on the Leupold firedot. Is there really a large dot in the center of the crosshairs?

If so, does anyone know its size in MOA? I have been unable to find anything about it in Swarovski user manuals. Those that have used it, do you find yourself wishing you would have gone nonilluminated because of the center of the crosshair? Seems odd to put a large mass in the center like that. This is the only thing holding me back from getting the illuminated version.

Any input would be much appreciated.

OP
Spark352

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
No one has any experience with the illuminated swaros?

Glendine

Lil-Rokslider
No one has any experience with the illuminated swaros?
The dot size on all Swarovski scopes can be adjusted to an extremely small size in last light
the figure shows the illuminated dot at more or less its highest level.

Glendine.

Swaro says 0.3 MOA: https://subtensions.swarovskioptik.com/

1713803316654.png

Since the crosshairs are 0.15 MOA thick, the coverage of the crosshair is going to be 0.0675 MOA, and the circle will be .0707 MOA, so you'll have 0.0008 MOA ^ 2 worth of "round" in each of the 4 quadrants. In other words the "circle" is about 5% more area than if there were only the crosshairs there.

It's going to be negligibly different. I expect they make the dot look large so that people understand it's illuminated.

RockAndSage

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Z8i, and absolutely love the illumination on it. I have a bit of an astigmatism, and get zero bloom out of it at all. What's particularly useful is the low-light/bright-light switch is uses - just a flick of that switch and I have clear red-dot visibility in bright desert sunlight, or dim but clear visibility at night, as dim or as bright as I want. All you need to do to adjust either of those pre-sets, is hit the rubber-coated +/- buttons just in front of it. It's significantly more convenient than any of the dial-illumination scopes I've used, or especially the Leupold side button. The dot itself seems optimal for me - small enough to be precise, but large enough for instant location in fast situations. Can't speak highly enough about it.