Swarovski NL Pure 12x42 Binocular Review, By Matt Cashell

Jeverett

FNG
Thanks Spoonman. Ive heard that the 12s are like looking through the 15s with just a wider FOV. My worry is losing some of the power when glassing at some of the farther distances and missing small detail.

Spoonman

WKR
Thanks Spoonman. Ive heard that the 12s are like looking through the 15s with just a wider FOV. My worry is losing some of the power when glassing at some of the farther distances and missing small detail.
12’s are a good balance in my opinion for close to far distances. I carry 12’s and a spotter most of the time when rifle hunting and I use 8’s a lot for archery and muzzleloader. It all depends on what you like.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the 12 NL Pure and Swaro SLC 15s? Trying to decide on which to go with for an all around glasser.
Speaking Strickly about alpha glass. 12s are not 15s and 15s are not 12s. Each have the strengths and weaknesses. Regardless each need a sturdy mount to maximize their effectiveness.
I was a 10x and 15x guy for years. Switched to 8x32 els and 12x50 els. Each are money for their intended use. If I need more I break out the big kowa spotter.
I loved and sometimes miss my 15s. They are fantastic on a tripod in big open country. I did not run them in a chest rig so I consider them a specialty tool for glassing. Ultimately I was not getting the field time out of them in my styles of hunting. The 12x 50's I run in a chest rig and can hold the descent off hand glassing. They absolutely rock on a tripod.

Portland

FNG
What a great review. Thanks for posting this! I wish the NLs didn't give me such severe rolling ball effect. You really can't beat the field of view on these though.