Swarovski NL Pure 12x42 problem?

Hiwallman

Lil-Rokslider
Just received a pair of Swaro NL Pure 12x42 binos and opened the box and one of the rubber front occular covers was torn off. Talk about being bummed out. Now the problem is do I return them for a refund since the place I got them is out of stock, or send to Swarovski to get them fixed. I have a feeling that I am Not the first person with a torn front rubber occular cover. Really a fragile design on such a great pair of binos. I Would like to keep them if Swaro warranty repair time is reasonable. Anyone sent a pair of binos into Swarovski lately? How long did it take?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Are you talking about the rubber covers that anyone can pop on or off to replace?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would say, it depends if you got them at a discount. If you got them on a discount I'd send them in, yeah it sucks but hey you got a deal. If not return them and get them from somewhere else. Good luck to you, that can be frustrating.

Send an email to [email protected]

Include your name, serial number, shipping address, and that your new NLs came with a broken objective lens cover and they will ship you a replacement at no charge.

Edit: if you mean the covers that flop down to reveal the big lens furthest from your face, that's an objective lens cover.

If you mean the rubber ring on the twist-in eyecup that you put against your face to use the bino, ask for an eyecup.

ohoopee

WKR
One of mine popped off and they had a replacement my way within a week. I have tried
to clip the new one on but I haven't been successful. I am sure its not difficult but there must
be a "trick" to making it easy. Just haven't had time to call or research. Still sitting on my table.

One of mine popped off and they had a replacement my way within a week. I have tried
to clip the new one on but I haven't been successful. I am sure its not difficult but there must
be a "trick" to making it easy. Just haven't had time to call or research. Still sitting on my table.
Push it in from below over the silver wire?

wyosteve

WKR
In my opinion, the design of the objective lens covers sucks compared to the older style that fit over the barrel of the binoculars. I know the old style was not as aesthetically pleasing, but it worked much better. I handled some NL's at Sportsman's and the first thing that happened is one of the covers flopped down. OK, my rant for the day!

In my opinion, the design of the objective lens covers sucks compared to the older style that fit over the barrel of the binoculars. I know the old style was not as aesthetically pleasing, but it worked much better. I handled some NL's at Sportsman's and the first thing that happened is one of the covers flopped down. OK, my rant for the day!

I have both. The old style falls off as the rubber ages. The new style breaks if it catches just right.

I'm sure that they ship as many of the old covers as they do of the new covers. If you're using a bino pack, you're not using the covers anyway

Send an email to [email protected]

Include your name, serial number, shipping address, and that your new NLs came with a broken objective lens cover and they will ship you a replacement at no charge.

Edit: if you mean the covers that flop down to reveal the big lens furthest from your face, that's an objective lens cover.

If you mean the rubber ring on the twist-in eyecup that you put against your face to use the bino, ask for an eyecup.
Yep. I dropped my BTX a couple of years ago and broke off the little plastic aiming device. I emailed Swarovski asking where I could get one and they collected my serial number and other info and then they sent me the entire plastic housing that connects to the eyepiece free of charge. I wouldn’t send your Bono’s in.

OP
H

Hiwallman

Lil-Rokslider
I should have said rubber Objective lens cover. I dont think it just fell off it tore off. Pretty poor design for a 3K pair of binos.

Attachments

• Swaro Nl Pure (2).jpg
    Swaro Nl Pure (2).jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Swaro NL Pure.jpg
    Swaro NL Pure.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 145

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep. Happened to mine. Tried to figure out how to put it back together and then ripped the other one off. The eyepiece cover is important to me, the objective covers, not necessary.

TravKatQ

WKR
I should have said rubber Objective lens cover. I dont think it just fell off it tore off. Pretty poor design for a 3K pair of binos.

No need to send them in, ask for another obj lens cover and it’s pops in via a wire ring. I believe it even describes it in the manual.... same as the els as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, you need a new objective lens cover. Swaro has been making their lens covers like this for the EL Range and EL Binos for ~6 years, and they're doing the same with the NLs.

This is from a birding company, but they talk about these things, video starts where relevant:

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
HAH! Mine do NOT go back on like that 😂. I spent hours looking for a video like and trying to put that sucker back on in December! Thanks I may try again.