Swarovski NL Pure 12x42 problem?

MtnMuley

WKR
Call Swaro and they'll have a new pair in the mail the next day. I purposely pull mine off right out of the box. They are a PITA to pop on and off all the time and I see no need for them in an enclosed chest harness.

HAH! Mine do NOT go back on like that 😂. I spent hours looking for a video like and trying to put that sucker back on in December! Thanks I may try again.

If your cover came off, and won't go back on, or you have a segment of black and not just plain silver wire, you probably have a piece of broken cover still present on your unit. If that's the case, send them an email and they'll ship a replacement cover.

ohoopee

WKR
If your cover came off, and won't go back on, or you have a segment of black and not just plain silver wire, you probably have a piece of broken cover still present on your unit. If that's the case, send them an email and they'll ship a replacement cover.
Ahhhhh. That was the replacement issue I had. I didn't realize a piece was still attached. Fixed. Thank you again.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hiwallman

Lil-Rokslider
A little off topic but Shedhorn Sports in Ennis Montana has a pair of NL Pure 12x42 in stock last Wednesday

Kotaman

WKR
First thing I do with new Swaros: get rid of the objective covers. Someone did you a favor.. 🤣 Just ordered the 12x NL Pures today. With any luck, someone will have already torn mine off. 👍👊

wyosteve

WKR
Well, no suprise, one of my 12x42 NL's objective covers tore/broke off. Thanks for the video. Will get in touch with Swaro and see if they will send me a new one. Midway has them, but want $19.95 each for them. Has anyone tried to see if the old style EL covers might fit over the barrel and use them instead?

I should have said rubber Objective lens cover. I dont think it just fell off it tore off. Pretty poor design for a 3K pair of binos.
Mine got tore off too… the first day, deliberately by me. Unless you really baby stuff, you will always be fighting those, I always take them off before they go in my harness… a good harness offers all of the protection you need

On the other hand, if you aren’t happy with them, sell them, get something you are happy with

Bring new life into the “why are there so many NL’s for sale” thread 🤔

You won’t take much of a hit selling them now and will still have enough to buy any binoculars on the market…

wyosteve

WKR
I love the binos so won't be selling them, but I don't keep them in the chest harness all the time so need something to keep the dust off. The torn cap still fits in the body at least.

Well, no suprise, one of my 12x42 NL's objective covers tore/broke off. Thanks for the video. Will get in touch with Swaro and see if they will send me a new one. Midway has them, but want $19.95 each for them. Has anyone tried to see if the old style EL covers might fit over the barrel and use them instead?
The old EL covers don't work. Send Swaro an email with your name, address and serial and they'll ship free replacements

If you don’t have luck with that, message me, if I can find mine, I will ship them to you… I’ll never need them and I will never sell those binos, so I have no use for them

wyosteve

WKR
Just wanted to follow up. I sent Swaro an email yesterday and got a response this morning! They are sending me 2 new caps under warranty. Excellent customer service as others have mentioned or experienced. Thanks for the offer roosiebull btw!!