Swarovski NL Pure Binocular

Sako300

WKR
I honestly think the 15x56 HD SLC are the best tripod binoculars for long range! And you can get a good mint pair for $1700-$1800! The NLs can’t compete here (At least where I am at in the west for elk and deer). I’ve compared them at the first minutes of light against NL and last minutes!

skierhs

WKR
I wonder if Swarovski will come out with a new 15x56. It's been quite some time since they've developed a new one. The 12 NL pure seem like they're significantly better than everything else
Only issue is that a 15x56 NL would be darn close to a spotting scope in cost. Not saying I wouldn’t buy it but I’m not sure of the market for that.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly think the 15x56 HD SLC are the best...I’ve compared them at the first minutes of light against NL and last minutes!

and what was the verdict? (talk about a cliffhanger )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Q child

WKR
Man, the 15x56 SLCs are going to be hard to beat. Those things are awesome. Swarovski has their work cut out for them on that one. Since they made 12x42s, I'm kind of hoping they make 15x50s.

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
I thought I heard the swaro SLC was being phased out. Maybe I heard that wrong but would not be good to lose the 15x option..

tburke86

FNG
That’s what I’ve been doing this past fall and will do it for spring bear as well.

I like the weight savings idea of one optic. Have you felt like you’re missing out yet with only having the 12s?

skierhs

WKR
I like the weight savings idea of one optic. Have you felt like you’re missing out yet with only having the 12s?

Not really. I definitely have noticed when it would be nice to have the extra power but wasn’t needed. I also have noticed the extra power of the chest binos being a nice at times. I’m still up on the fence though. I do have a 95mm for when I need to judge an animal though(if I bring it).

WRO

WKR
I honestly think the 15x56 HD SLC are the best tripod binoculars for long range! And you can get a good mint pair for $1700-$1800! The NLs can’t compete here (At least where I am at in the west for elk and deer). I’ve compared them at the first minutes of light against NL and last minutes!
I dumped my 15x56s for the 12x50s years ago and don't regret it at all..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bkdc

FNG
It will be difficult to optically surpass the slc 15x56 with a classic curved field design. A flat field is another story.

OCHO505

Lil-Rokslider
With budget in mind the 12's do it all is really a big reason specifically people go 12's because you can freehand them and they do great on tripods. Pro and Con to both 15's and 12's for sure. But I think more pro's go to the 12's. People swap 12 for 15 and visa versa, personal preference.

OCHO505

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely 12x, so I can take advantage of the new field of view and get 12 power to see antlers. No reason to consider any other power.

No, wait - 12x needs a tripod. What if it's windy? Also might be tougher to find game. No good having so much power if you're shaking at all. Don't blow all my money on 12x and be sorry.

8x would have an AMAZING field of view, and quicker acquisition. Much better in the wind and for spotting game you otherwise miss. Yes, definitely 8x. Definitely!

Hang on, let's think this through - 10x gets me the best of both. Still good for hand glassing and purty good field of view from a tripod. Better field judging than 8x . . . OK, 10x it is - for sure.

Wait, no . . . 10x is just a compromise! It doesn't give me both - it gives me neither. No way am I gonna get 10x . . . 8x or 12x have to be better.

Yep - 8x for sure. OK done . . . order now.

Except - maybe I would be happier with higher power - after all, with this new field-of-view, I don't need weaker glasses to get a wide view any more.

Ya, gotta have more than 8x. 8x is for pussies. I need magnums, man! Need to be sure I can see enough detail to judge the animal. Be a man, go for 12's!

Ack no, 12x is just too much without a tripod.

They do make a 10x . . . .
LMAO. How about a 11x or a 14x or even a 9x... I am still confused!

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone running the 12s instead of carrying 10s and 15s?
I have been using my 10x42 Vortex Razor HD's mainly when I am in the backcountry and take my Razor HD spotting scope 16-48x65 only if I need to see more detail.

For me, going to the 12x NL will work in the backcountry for most of my hunts and help out when I am deer hunting in south Texas.

👍🏻👍🏻

I think the biggest surprise to me was how good the 10 NL’s did against the 8 EL’s as far as light transmission. We switched back and forth one night late just before dark.

Also, The FOV of the 10x unreal and really close to 8 EL’s.
i will be getting some NL's sooner than later with the reports. it sounds like they built the best case scenario in hunting binos. a step up from EL's plus the extra FOV is worth the price tag.... especially for what i do.

otolith

FNG
If I could afford them I'd jump on a pair in a heartbeat. Beautiful piece of workmanship.

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like I need to apologize for anyone who read my previous comments on the 12x42s. I complained a little on not being able to handhold them very well looking out at distance. I should have field tested them a little more before commenting even though I spent a solid 8 days straight in the field and multiple days around the house. You really have to get the eye cups adjusted to get the full benefits of this particular bino. With my old razors I always ran the eye cups all the way down. With these I run about two clicks from all the way out. These have a lot of eye relief so it’s hard to handhold these with the eye cups all the way in because there’s nothing to brace them on. Once I got the eye cups adjusted right and grip my hat bill to the binoculars I can handhold these very well. These truly are amazing optics that expose a lot of good glass makers, I’m blown away with the color, FOV, ergonomics, and edge to edge clarity. Do not hesitate to buy the 12s, just know it takes a while to figure them out to what works best for the user. I can handhold these just as good as my 10s.