Swarovski NL Pure Binocular

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
It is almost as if they take away any improvement and create a substandard binocular when they can't be mounted effectively on a tripod. I mean, with tripod mounting, you increase the effectiveness of binoculars many fold, so much so that that I would never use binoculars for any period of time without a tripod.

I wonder if they will have some other mounting option that doesn't involve silly straps and extended base plates.

Your prayers are answered boys:

C6DA4A44-AEFD-45A9-8444-00D4FD7E2F87.png

Really, the more I use the Leica plate, the more I like it. Keeps things pretty solid and I just mount the plate to the quick detach plate I’m using and leave it all strapped together.

Well that was a pisser, called Outdoorsmans and unless I bought the binos through them they won't sell me one. I get they don't know how many they'll have available at release. They need to ensure that people who bought the NL's with them get one, I get that.

Then, at the end of the conversation though I was told "Well, maybe it'll change in the future, not sure" what...? Are they holding a monopoly over the studs unless we buy NL's from them? They told me I could return my binos but understood I bought from a local shop and probably wouldn't do that. Just a weird answer from them...

::Update::

I was able to order from the site the next day, all good

Last edited:

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I tell you what, they may be a great company but every dealing I’ve ever had with someone on the phone there has been similar to this above. Negative. Oh well, it allows me to find better mousetrap, and I usually do. I do have some Outdoorsman stuff but it sure would make things much easier if I enjoyed doing business with them and could just order up the whole “system”.

6.5x284

WKR
I emailed Outdoorsman, and they sent me an invoice for the bino stud about 10 minutes later. Paid, and told me it would ship mid September. Maybe try again and see if you get someone different. I ordered my NL through Epic Outdoors so no affiliation to Outdoorsman. They didn't say anything about it.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the NL Pure stud at Outdoorsmans without any issue. I had to call in, but Ryan was helpful and had it processed in no time. Said it should be shipping around early to mid September.

Q child

WKR
I have ordered a ton of stuff through Outdoorsmans and have always had a good experience. Optics and tripods/heads/adapters. They gave me a full refund on a pair of Zeiss SFs that I got recently so that I could order the NLs instead. I was within the time frame for their return policy, and they were still in perfect condition, but its always appreciated when I have a hassle-free return experience - especially one involving so much of my money. I ordered the NL 10s with the stud and the forehead rest.

I've had a confusing time understanding what is going on with the tripod adaptability, so for anyone else who has been scratching their heads: As is indicated on this thread Outdoorsmans made a stud that works. I asked them specifically about how that stud attaches to the NLs and was told that it was using threads that are built into the hinge of the NLs- Just like the SLCs, and as it should be.

Q child

WKR
I would be interested in a pair of NL 15s. I doubt they are coming anytime soon, though. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm putting my money on them making 32s before 50s or 56s. The birders love 32s. Since they made 12x42s, I wonder if they would make 15x50s...
The way they moved the focusing knob to the front of the bridge would be awesome on a pair of 15s. Would make them a bit more useful when hand-holding. As it is on the SLCs with the focusing knob near the oculars I hold them out by the objective lens for stability, then to change focus I have to move one of my hands back to the focuser, then back out to the objective for stability again. Can be a bit fiddly. I don't mind too much. I have always seen it as an 'it is what it is' type deal. It could be improved though.
Zeiss has had the focusing knob in that spot on the Victory HTs for a long time, but for some incomprehensible reason never made 15s - only 8x54 and 10x54.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would be interested in a pair of NL 15s. I doubt they are coming anytime soon, though. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm putting my money on them making 32s before 50s or 56s. The birders love 32s. Since they made 12x42s, I wonder if they would make 15x50s...
The way they moved the focusing knob to the front of the bridge would be awesome on a pair of 15s. Would make them a bit more useful when hand-holding. As it is on the SLCs with the focusing knob near the oculars I hold them out by the objective lens for stability, then to change focus I have to move one of my hands back to the focuser, then back out to the objective for stability again. Can be a bit fiddly. I don't mind too much. I have always seen it as an 'it is what it is' type deal. It could be improved though.
Zeiss has had the focusing knob in that spot on the Victory HTs for a long time, but for some incomprehensible reason never made 15s - only 8x54 and 10x54.
I don't notice that problem on 15s because I never handhold 15s. They are always tripod mounted so it's a moot point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6.5x284

WKR
Any discussion on NL Pure 15's?

I asked several dealers and they didn't expect any updates in a 15x binocular. The NL Pure is all housed in the same chassis so to speak. 8x, 10x, and 12x are all the same physical dimensions with varying thickness glass placed to achieve the desired mag at slightly different depths. Anything other than 42mm obj would be a new binocular chassis. I too would love a new 15x however I don't think it's coming anytime soon. I think it would alter the ergos these binos are likely to be known for.