Swarovski NL Pure Binocular

Q child

WKR
Q have you had any Rolling Ball issues in the past with Swarovision? any with the NL's?

After a little more use, I only see very mild rolling ball in the NLs.

The focus wheel on my NLs is not great. Goes between pockets of easy and sort of difficult to move as the focus wheel spins. I’ll use it for my mountain goat trip and then will send them back in to be looked at. Other than that ergo’s are really nice. Something I never thought about but now all bino’s will feel chunky if not on a tripod. View through the bino’s is what you’d expect.

Yeah, let us know what you come up with. I've experienced this with brand new binos that just needed a little use before the focus was smooth. I figured it was just the grease being evenly distributed. Hopefully yours are alright.

I’d love to hear more about the depth of field. I’ve experienced shallow depth of field/focus with wide FOV and have found it really bothersome for the hunting I do. Curious if this is an annoyance or noticeable with the NLs.

The depth of field on the NL 10s is pretty dang good. For example, I was looking at a raven about 50 yards away, then panned up to the top of a mountain probably 1.5 miles away. The top of the mountain was still in focus - not perfect focus, but close.

Amasaback

FNG
I have found that the 12Xs I have to be super smooth. The Field of View is impressive - think 10X FOV on 12X. The installation of the straps on the field pro was a battle I nearly lost. They did want to connect but finally did. In use ergonomics really stand out. That alone made them easier to hold and more stable. Looking forward to the forehead brace.

Amasaback

FNG
Installed my forehead brace on my 12X today. Took outside and looked at some Sand Hill Cranes thaT were in range. The brace is noticeable as a improvement, but actually has a lot of flex in it. This is as far as I could get the brace in without it feeling like it was going to break. Wondering if anyone else had same experience or was able to get it flush.

9C9341FA-63C6-4C93-9042-96066963D8EF.jpeg9C9341FA-63C6-4C93-9042-96066963D8EF.jpeg

Installed my forehead brace on my 12X today. Took outside and looked at some Sand Hill Cranes thaT were in range. The brace is noticeable as a improvement, but actually has a lot of flex in it. This is as far as I could get the brace in without it feeling like it was going to break. Wondering if anyone else had same experience or was able to get it flush.

View attachment 217535View attachment 217535

Curious, your opinion, on steadiness with the forehead rest with the 12x, when compared to a 10x. Thx

Amasaback

FNG
Curious, your opinion, on steadiness with the forehead rest with the 12x, when compared to a 10x. Thx
I would say it was very close. Also had my Nikon HG 10x to compare. The better ergo On the NL is a helper as well. I do think if that forehead brace does snap all the way in, it will provide that stability. And make the difference and might make it more stable. But with that offset it has a bit of flex.

I'm in the same boat with the forehead rest, it does not sit flush which is surprising to me.

It's an amazing addition to these binoculars and in my opinion, should ship with them, they are game-changers for one-handed use and stunning with both hands.

skierhs

WKR
For those using the forehead rest, how high does it go on your head? I use a brimmed hat while hunting and couldn’t tell if it’d be interfering and so I’ve skipped it so far.

Stangs55

FNG

View attachment 217535View attachment 217535
This is exactly how my 12s look. I think you're fine.

On a related note...if anyone is looking for them as the seem to be sold out everywhere...Scheels has them in stock.

I'm ready for the NL Pure Rangefinder Binos to add to the bag...

Amasaback

FNG
For those using the forehead rest, how high does it go on your head? I use a brimmed hat while hunting and couldn’t tell if it’d be interfering and so I’ve skipped it so far.
I think it will fit. I just tried it and it seems to come right up to my brim but i have about a 1/4 inch buffer wearing it pretty forward. At least for me and i seem to have a fairly big head and normal fore head.

skierhs

WKR
I think it will fit. I just tried it and it seems to come right up to my brim but i have about a 1/4 inch buffer wearing it pretty forward. At least for me and i seem to have a fairly big head and normal fore head.
Thanks. That may have to be my next purchase.

WRO

WKR
Do you think Swarovski paid all these hunting Pod Casters and salesman to pitch the NL? There had to be a perk! Maybe they are archery hunting with a pair as we speak! Hopefully you archery guys can get them to utilize early!
I know for a fact they didn't..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ozyclint

WKR
Anyone found the diopter getting inadvertently moved while getting it in and out of a harness to be an issue? Seems that if you wanted something to get bumped all the time that is exactly where you would put it.

skierhs

WKR
Anyone found the diopter getting inadvertently moved while getting it in and out of a harness to be an issue? Seems that if you wanted something to get bumped all the time that is exactly where you would put it.
No I haven’t had the issue yet. It helps that o just paid attention to where it was set so if I do bump it I can easily get it back there or fix it in the field. Either way though, that is a very non issue with how firm it is.

I just received my NL’s today in 10x. Here are my initial reactions-

First thing I noticed, like some others, the ergonomics are quite impressive. I really didn’t think that would impress me and I kinda thought “who cares” when everyone was mentioning it. But damn it’s surprisingly comfortable and really surprised me the most.

I bought these binos for one reason. The increased field of view. FOV is so important imo. And man, does that 20% seem like a lot...it feels like even more! Super happy! Exceeded expectations.

I had my NL outdoorsmans stud ready to go, waiting for arrival of the binos. Its a little different than the SLC install but very easy to do. The boys at outdoorsmans do you a solid, include a link to video instructions on how to install and even supply the recommended lock tite.

Glassed some elk and deer behind the house as the light faded and was very impressed.

My first reaction, Swarovski knocked it out of the park and now I feel like I can see where the “hype” was coming from. Better than expected for me personally.

Amasaback

FNG
I just received my NL’s today in 10x. Here are my initial reactions-

First thing I noticed, like some others, the ergonomics are quite impressive. I really didn’t think that would impress me and I kinda thought “who cares” when everyone was mentioning it. But damn it’s surprisingly comfortable and really surprised me the most.

I bought these binos for one reason. The increased field of view. FOV is so important imo. And man, does that 20% seem like a lot...it feels like even more! Super happy! Exceeded expectations.

I had my NL outdoorsmans stud ready to go, waiting for arrival of the binos. Its a little different than the SLC install but very easy to do. The boys at outdoorsmans do you a solid, include a link to video instructions on how to install and even supply the recommended lock tite.

Glassed some elk and deer behind the house as the light faded and was very impressed.

My first reaction, Swarovski knocked it out of the park and now I feel like I can see where the “hype” was coming from. Better than expected for me personally.

Completely agree with everything you said. Very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a couple of PM’s one reminded me I should have added something on my initial thoughts.

Rolling Ball-
I had a new pair of EL’s a few years ago and the rolling ball effect was quite bad for me. I actually switched back to SLC 10x42 without swarovision cause my eyes really liked the non field flattening binos and I think the color the SLC provided. I don’t know if it was more related to running the old SLC’s for so long and being so use to them.

But after 1.5 years with EL’s I sold them and pulled my SLC’s out of the safe. My eyes just liked the SLC better.

I was actually quite nervous about it with the NL’s and last night for whatever reason. I didn’t notice it. I glassed for around 2 hours, I was actively looking at a couple bulls and a few deer. It seemed to me like I noticed the rolling ball more when scanning, and last night, I was actively watching. I’ll get some hard use on them over the next week! I’ll report back!

One note- I also do not get the rolling ball effect in my 95mm BTX system for whatever reason and I absolutely love the color/picture it provides.