Swarovski NL Pure Binocular

Amasaback

FNG
I have been using my NL 12x next to my Nikon HG everyday, including today. First I have to say that I remain super impressed by the optics on the Nikon. That is fantastic glass. The NL is obviously better. Not as big of a difference is our optics quality but very much in everything else. As mentioned the Ergo is very noticeable. Also the field of view is a touch wider at 12x than my Nikons at 10x but everything is 20% closer. Forehead brace is a huge innovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
So I just received my 12 NLs... This is the first time I’ve been blown away by an optic by just picking it up and looking through it. I’ve looked through the ELs, SLCs, and Vortex Razors. The thing that impresses me the most is the ergonomics, the ergos are unlike anything I’ve experienced. FOV is quite a bit noticeable compared to my razor 10x50s. When the eye cups are all the way down it’s the most incredible experience I’ve had when looking through an optic, it feels like an extension of my eyes. I will say aside from the incredible feel, and FOV, my razors hold their own optically. Don’t @ me lol. Of course the NLs are better in all aspects and optical performance but I don’t know if having the Razors would hinder a hunt where you miss an animal. The 10x50 razors are a good Bino, don’t let anyone tell you different. The NLs are just in another class though, and that’s why there’s a big price difference. I’ve regretted a lot of purchases over the years but this is not one of them!

So, what is it that is so earth shaking about the ergonomics?
I have not had them in hand- just seen them in photos. They look very similar to the SLC's? One of the big rave's from people about the EL's is the duel bridge design. That was supposed to be superior to the open bridge of the SLC. So why is the Pure ergonomic so breathtaking? What is so spectacular about the ergonomics?

UpWndFrt

FNG
Closer look at the Outdoorsmans adapter stud attached. It's an easy fit, but I'm curious about the little red o-ring and whether it needed to be protected or if we've lost any functional waterproofing.
Neat thing here is the ability to wrap your knuckle between the stud and barrel, where their stud on another model makes me rest my fingers on top of it.

Attachments

• 20201015_055846.jpg
    20201015_055846.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 60

Norm555

WKR
Closer look at the Outdoorsmans adapter stud attached. It's an easy fit, but I'm curious about the little red o-ring and whether it needed to be protected or if we've lost any functional waterproofing.
Neat thing here is the ability to wrap your knuckle between the stud and barrel, where their stud on another model makes me rest my fingers on top of it.
Did you paint the outdoors and stud black?

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
I have not had them in hand- just seen them in photos. They look very similar to the SLC's? One of the big rave's from people about the EL's is the duel bridge design. That was supposed to be superior to the open bridge of the SLC. So why is the Pure ergonomic so breathtaking? What is so spectacular about the ergonomics?

You’ll just have to pick a pair up. I’m not just saying it to copy what others have said. When I picked the binos up that’s what blew me a way. The ergos on the SLCs, ELs, any round binos are not even close to the pures. It makes them feel really compact and every point of contact on your hands just feels right. I may be the only one who thinks this though lol.

I thought the same thing, I was actually making fun of people talking about the “ergonomics” thinking who gives a shit 🤣🤣

Then I picked them up, they have almost handholds if you will, and very well balanced in your hand. You really need to hold them and glass with them to get it.

MtnMuley

WKR
Spent considerable time behind these new 12's. Unless you're really in the market for new glass, I'd suggest you don't do what I did, lol.

Sako300

WKR
Do explain MtnMuley... I’m trying to see on a tripod what the NLs offer. Couldn’t care less about ergonomics or the head rest. Would like more reviews compared to 12x50 els near dark on tripod. And is the blackening circles (focusing of NLs) on a tripod much harder then els or slcs? I wish someone had a pair of Leica 12x50 Ultravid Schott glass on the HD Plus which I believe is same glass on the noctovids to compare.

Sako300

WKR
Would the 12x42NL outshine what the Swarovski HD 15x56s offer, if weight, ergonomics aren’t a factor? And if I know I will be using a tripod to glass 90% of the time in open country trying to pick apart details at long distances? Beyond 1,400 yards?

I've been coveting SLCs and ELs for years but never made the leap. Already seeing people making the leap to NL and posting their old pairs for sale. Hopefully someone gets a sweet new pair of NLs and sells me their others!

MtnMuley

WKR
Would the 12x42NL outshine what the Swarovski HD 15x56s offer, if weight, ergonomics aren’t a factor? And if I know I will be using a tripod to glass 90% of the time in open country trying to pick apart details at long distances? Beyond 1,400 yards?
I have both pairs of Swaros you refer too. I could careless about the headrest which I'll never buy, or the new style ergonomics of the NLs. I'm predominantly a 15s glasser and haven't used my 10s in years for big game. When the new NLs came out and I had the chance to get on a pre-order, I chuckled and said no thanks as I've basically went away from smaller power binos. Once the NLs started arriving, I was able to get behind a pair on a tripod alongside my 15s. I was instantly irritated how impressed I was, knowing that'd I'd be buying a pair as soon as I got home. The field of view is off the charts for a 42mm bino and the light gathering capability can't be beat from what I've seen. I never thought I'd be without 15s again, but with a 30x or 60x BTX and these new 12s, I'm really contemplating why I'd keep the 15s. Obviously selling the 10s and 15s will pay for more than a new pair of NL12s, but I'm really trying to see a downside of doing it? In my opinion, Swaro really did well with these new NLs in my opinion. More so than the new 115 objective.

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider

I had the 12x42 pures side by side of my razor 10x50s and I could count the tits off a cow at 1500 yards with the pures but could not with my 10 power razors. If I can clearly define a 4 inch cow tit at 1500 yards I’d say you’ll be good picking apart country. Light gathering the pures and razors are about the same. Razors appear a touch brighter at dusk but cannot pickup any more detail.

Sako300

WKR
Thankyou guys for your response! I guess I might have a pair of 2019 Swarovski HD 15x56’s for sale soon!

WCW

FNG
Had an opportunity to look through a 10x42 at Scheels, incredibly clear and comfortable. I wish they had a 12 on hand, the clerk informed me that they had sold everyone of 12’s the first day they arrived.

UpWndFrt

FNG
Had an opportunity to look through a 10x42 at Scheels, incredibly clear and comfortable. I wish they had a 12 on hand, the clerk informed me that they had sold everyone of 12’s the first day they arrived.
Any commentary on the 8 vs 10 vs 12's on their end?

WCW

FNG
The gentleman that helped me, said he really liked the 10‘s, and so did I. The FOV is considerably larger with the 10’s. But I’d want to try them out side by side before I shell out that kind of cash.