Swarovski NL Pure Binoculars?

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve not seen the tripod attachment mechanism. I’m assuming there is some kind of “foot” integrated and not an extra pin or plate?
You'll need to use the Swaro UTA or similar universal style tripod adapter, they will not work with the TAs/SLC binocular adapter.

I have a feeling there will be no stud style tripod adapter looking at the design. They look like they will use a universal mount. I am sure there will be an outdoorsman style adapter that goes for $300 or so that attaches to the forehead mounting areas and possible combines a mount with the forehead rest. The new NL's look great with a Zeiss SF style to the focuser. I am astonished they are able to get the wide FOV with the 42mm objectives. I think the EL's will still be hard to beat for overall use and hunting. The FOV would have to be really noticeable for me to part with my EL's but without a decent tripod mount I will stay with the EL's. Can't wait to try them out.

Talked to the Outdoorsmans today, a self-installed stud is coming for the NL's !!!

"Joe Mannino - 5:18:01 pm
Hello SMS
We do, what questions can I answer for you?
We actually have been able to put our hands on em, they're impressive
SMS - 5:19:38 pm
will it be accepting a stud like SLC or will a press fit be happening on the new binoculars
Joe Mannino - 5:20:06 pm
We are working on a stud as we speak, and it will be self installed like the SLC"

those FOV numbers look insane. Using ELs the past few years i've really grown to love the expansive view on them. If the NL 12x42s can hang with the EL 12x50s in low light i might have to sell a kidney here soon. i'm a sucker for wide view optics

Feel free to send those 12x50s my direction

FlyGuy

WKR
Thoughts on the forehead rest? That’s Something I’ve never seen on binos. Well, I’d never seen it on anything until the BTX came out. It made sense to me on a spotter application, and it seems like it “could” be a benefit on hand holding the 12x binos. Not sure on the 10 or 8... but maybe it’s super awesome and a huge game changer feature that all others will try to incorporate into their products just to keep up? Or maybe it’s just something extra to carry?

You can’t cheat the mountain

Surprised the NL 10x42s are a few ounces heavier than than the 12x42s yet they are both have the exact same dimensions. And the NL 12x42s are .1 ounces lighter than the El 10x42. Can’t wait to see some reviews.

Brix06

Lil-Rokslider
I recently picked up a pair of 12x50ELs, now this. What to do, what to do. There will be an appreciable difference in exit pupil between the 12x50EL and 12x42 NL.

I cant wait to see if the lighter weight and FOV make up for a slightly less bright image. I would hesitate to sell 12x50s and pre order NLs without doing a direct comparison first.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Love the swaro glass but just can't go back to carrying a range finder and binos. Love the Zeiss RFs I use now. Until something better comes along no reason to change....

Was hoping to pick up the 12x50ELs later this year (after fall hunting seasons), will be watching to see what people think about the 12x50 vs the new 12x42. Ive been saving forever, I like the idea a bit more of a 12x50 but am certainly going to be open to the 12x42. Great times to be looking for new glass.

Thoughts on the forehead rest? That’s Something I’ve never seen on binos. Well, I’d never seen it on anything until the BTX came out. It made sense to me on a spotter application, and it seems like it “could” be a benefit on hand holding the 12x binos. Not sure on the 10 or 8... but maybe it’s super awesome and a huge game changer feature that all others will try to incorporate into their products just to keep up? Or maybe it’s just something extra to carry?

My thoughts were basically one handed scanning when carrying a weapon to add stability. This video showed what I thought the hunting use case was.

Here's another video review of the NL, I want to be very transparent in saying that I work very closely with Outdoorsmans. If this type of post isn't allowed please let me know and I'll take it down.

JohnIrish

FNG
I picked up the 12x50 EL this spring. Very happy with my EL so don’t expect to change. I use the hat brim to help stabilize When needed... LOL. I like the 50 mm objective lens. If I see a dark blob in my way when walking out of the woods at night, I am happy to have the low light ability .... never know if a bear is waiting! I use the Kuiu bino harness and like that a lot!

I picked up the 12x50 EL this spring. Very happy with my EL so don’t expect to change. I use the hat brim to help stabilize When needed... LOL. I like the 50 mm objective lens. If I see a dark blob in my way when walking out of the woods at night, I am happy to have the low light ability .... never know if a bear is waiting! I use the Kuiu bino harness and like that a lot!

This is where I am curious to see the difference as time unfolds. I am in the market for one of the two. Ive saved my $$ forever. I am curious to see the light gathering difference between the 12NLs and the 12ELs (in low light obviously). Its hard to imagine that it will be significant. Ive been able to look through the 12ELs on a few occasions and it seems hard to imagine anything topping them. The FOV of the 12x42s is pretty sweet on paper though...

Brix06

Lil-Rokslider
This is where I am curious to see the difference as time unfolds. I am in the market for one of the two. Ive saved my $$ forever. I am curious to see the light gathering difference between the 12NLs and the 12ELs (in low light obviously). Its hard to imagine that it will be significant. Ive been able to look through the 12ELs on a few occasions and it seems hard to imagine anything topping them. The FOV of the 12x42s is pretty sweet on paper though...

I posted this in another NL thread, comparing #'s for 12x50 EL and 12x42NL:

Yeah this looks like a classic situation of trade offs. Just based off of the numbers , the 12x42 NL will have 12% more FOV than the 12x50 EL. The 12x42 NL will be more compact and 17% lighter weight than the EL 12x50. BUT the exit pupil on the 12x42 NL will be 15% smaller than the exit pupil on the 12x50 EL (3.5 vs 4.16). - math is right maybe-?

This is all speculation of course. But if you want the brightest/highest resolution image, the 12x50 should beat out the 12x42. If you want lighter weight, more FOV, in a more compact package, you should probably check out this new 12x42 bino.

ozyclint

WKR
there's no substitute for aperture when considering light gathering ability. (except maybe porro prisms which have higher light transmission rates because they have total internal reflection and less of it. the 71 year old habicht design with up to date coatings has 6% more light transmission than today's EL)

the 12x50EL should be brighter than the 12x42NL even though the NL is listed as having 1% more light transmission.

ozyclint

WKR
dumbing down EL's to make NL's look better? not an issue that will effect hunting use but smoke and mirrors nevertheless.