Swarovski NL Pure Binoculars?

Nice to the birdheads have their share of drama queens too

I was going to say the same thing lol. I've posted a few technical questions on that forum over the years trying to get a more specific answer than I would find on Rokslide. Things can go sideways fast for those birders...especially when someone challenges somebody else's math. There is some incredible optical information on that site though from people who really really dork out on that sort of thing.

One of the only negatives you read about the newest SLC is the focus wheel. Previously Swaroski chose to cut cost here to further differentiate price point from the EL.

I wonder if the focus distance change to the EL will also come with a "cheaper" feel. Close distance is a non issue for me, but I do think at alpha prices binos deserve a premium focus wheel.

When did they change the focus wheel on the SLC, just curious about that. I'll definitely check out a new EL focus mechanism when they arrive at Cabela's compared to mine. The glass isn't changing though so a null point for me. It's a business decision and one I applaud to bring an amazing binocular to more people at a better price point.

Either way, I'll be looking through my own pair of NL's in September and I know I'll be blown away to sell the EL's

Last edited:
This would be perfect. If they aren't using a field flattener like the EL, hopefully the rangefinder would have the same glass as the regular NL. Though i shudder to think of the price.

I’m assuming they will be priced like the Zeiss are for us north of the border.
Just bought 8.5 ELs a few months back and I’ve been thrilled. Would really like to see the new ones though.

pc3

WKR
I wonder too on the 12's if the FOV will make up for the reduction in exit pupil.......unless they have cheated physics on the exit pupil figures some how :unsure:

Brix06

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder too on the 12's if the FOV will make up for the reduction in exit pupil.......unless they have cheated physics on the exit pupil figures some how :unsure:

Yeah, if low light viewing and resolution are your top priorities I don't think the 12x42 will match the 12x50. As you said, unless physics are no longer in play. But field of view is important if you use a tripod for sure...and the

The 10x42 NL specs are really exciting I think. HUGE FOV! + Bright 4.2nm exit Pupil.

Reactions: pc3

PHo

WKR
Unfortunately for me the field flattener is a deal breaker. That sucks, I would have enjoyed having a 10x bino with nearly the same fov of an 8x. I guess I’ll be saving money though...

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
Huge Fov seems to be the hot thing right now, which I love a large apparent fov, but not sure they can really improve on much else imo. Hopefully they’ll make for some great buys on the current el’s.

bamacpl

FNG
Hello! I found this thread by doing a Google search for a bino adapter for my NL pure binos. I realized many folks had my same problem as me without a solution.

I did find that Outdoorsman makes a “post” style adapter, but I was needing a “threaded type” like most binos that accept a 1/4”x20 thread.

So I made one!!! Actually I made 50. If anyone is needing one reach out. I’m gonna sell them for $40. I’m not looking to go into business or anything like that….just figured I’d help some likeminded folks out & I was already making one, so might as well make 50.

The adapter I made is 7075 aluminum just like the T20 torx that is currently in the end of the binos & is anodized black. You just remove the T20 torx screw & install the adapter. It has 1/4”x20 thread in the other end with a broached T20 inside it & accepts the screw type adapters. Installs in minutes.

You can email me with any questions.
[email protected]

bamacpl

FNG
Here is the threaded bino adapter I made.

Attachments

• 469BC2D6-F869-4501-919D-A8143CEDEE2B.jpeg
    469BC2D6-F869-4501-919D-A8143CEDEE2B.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 49
  • B25F0979-5BA6-4BAB-BC9E-82CAD9B22D66.jpeg
    B25F0979-5BA6-4BAB-BC9E-82CAD9B22D66.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 958F1F5F-C215-43B2-B280-65EB727EC00F.jpeg
    958F1F5F-C215-43B2-B280-65EB727EC00F.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 49
  • F822424A-9CE7-4E5C-93AD-2E1FB54E0010.jpeg
    F822424A-9CE7-4E5C-93AD-2E1FB54E0010.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 49

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one of bamacpl's adapters. Haven't gotten it yet but it was just what I was looking for. I have a 1/4-20 tripod adapter that I haven't used much, but maybe with these nl 10s I'll use it more.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

JDB9818

WKR
I just got my NL Pure 10X42's yesterday. They are spectacular. The image, ergonomics and larger FOV are well worth the price to me.

I was worried about the rolling ball affect that I had with a previous pair of EL's, but I don't get that on the NL's.

These will replace my SLC 10X42's which I have been more than happy with, at least until I got the NL's, haha.

AndyB

WKR
I just got my NL Pure 10X42's yesterday. They are spectacular. The image, ergonomics and larger FOV are well worth the price to me.

I was worried about the rolling ball affect that I had with a previous pair of EL's, but I don't get that on the NL's.

These will replace my SLC 10X42's which I have been more than happy with, at least until I got the NL's, haha.
I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts on the differences in the nl and slc if you get a minute, depth of field especially.

I can focus at 200 and be clear out to 15 miles across the bay with my slc’s. Have the nl’s improved this?
Thanks.

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts on the differences in the nl and slc if you get a minute, depth of field especially.

I can focus at 200 and be clear out to 15 miles across the bay with my slc’s. Have the nl’s improved this?
Thanks.
For what it's worth, one of the things I noticed when I compared the nl 10s to my SLC 10s was that the nls seems to have a much deeper depth of field. Side by side, I found that I touched the focus much less with the nls. I wouldn't say either of my pairs had the kind of range you describe though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk