Swarovski question

WRO

WKR
So 95mm over 85? Thanks for the info. Can I ask you is the chromatic aberration and colors were just as good as the 85? Those are the only 2 things ive heard people rip the 95 bs 85 on. To be honest im new to spotters so dont have a clue what they mean by it but figured you might. Thanks
Optically the 85 and 95 are a close, but the extra 10 power, and slightly better resolution out weigh the weight difference IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think fire652 has it right. I have the same combination and really like them. The 95mm is a heck of a glass. The 65mm will save you a little weight. I've been wondering about the BTX but thus far have not looked through one. Curious to know if the BTX has the same level of brightness as the ATX/STX. Yes, I know the bino provides a much more comfortable view.

Bigeyes,

I have found that the BTX has less brightness than the ATX. But the use of both eyes makes up for the lack of clarity, brightness, and magnification.

I am at the point that I feel like I am a shill for the BTX over the ATX. And because of that, I need to temper my opions on this forum.

It is probably best that I just say this... I am planning on carrying the BTX65 with ME over the 95mm and/or ATX.

OP
A

AZBULLCRAZY

Lil-Rokslider
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered it. Went with 95mm atx. I will test some hikes with it. If heavy i will grab the 65 for packing but figured the 95 and 65 combo is killer. Thanks everyone!

OP
A

AZBULLCRAZY

Lil-Rokslider
Bigeyes,

I have found that the BTX has less brightness than the ATX. But the use of both eyes makes up for the lack of clarity, brightness, and magnification.

I am at the point that I feel like I am a shill for the BTX over the ATX. And because of that, I need to temper my opions on this forum.

It is probably best that I just say this... I am planning on carrying the BTX65 with ME over the 95mm and/or ATX.

That sounds good too. Down the road im gonna try the btx but im holding out as im super curious if swaros next piece will be a zoom btx. Who knows. Thanks

BIGEYES

FNG
Bigeyes,

Thanks for your response RE: brightness. I uderestood that due to the design, there is some light loss within the BTX. Have been curious what users impressions would be. I'm going to have to satisfy my curiosity and have a look through one. I'm going to exercise restraint when I look--Ha Ha!

tranathi

FNG
Well, the good thing is it’s a modular design. So you can get the 95mm now and then only the 85mm objective lens later (the eyepiece will work for both 95mm & 85mm lenses). I would say get the best performance (95mm) first, then the convenience (85mm) later.

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Little late to the post as looks like you have made your purchase already but I feel like giving my two cents anyway. I started out several years ago with the 65mm ATX and have added the 95mm and BTX over the last few. I think the 85mm is the most versitle if your only going to own one but love the combo of 65mm and 95mm. I honestly think the 95mm is over kill in lots of hunting situations as it does up the bottom end zoom. The BTX 95 combo is absolutely over kill. I bought the 1.7 doubler and have never used it for hunting and honestly wish they made a reducer. Because the BTX is lower power the exit pupil isn't as small and reduces the need to go to a bigger objective.

Little late to the post as looks like you have made your purchase already but I feel like giving my two cents anyway. I started out several years ago with the 65mm ATX and have added the 95mm and BTX over the last few. I think the 85mm is the most versitle if your only going to own one but love the combo of 65mm and 95mm. I honestly think the 95mm is over kill in lots of hunting situations as it does up the bottom end zoom. The BTX 95 combo is absolutely over kill. I bought the 1.7 doubler and have never used it for hunting and honestly wish they made a reducer. Because the BTX is lower power the exit pupil isn't as small and reduces the need to go to a bigger objective.

That's such a great idea!

I would love a reducer that increases the FOV. Or even a new baby objective piece that runs at about 10x.

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
That's such a great idea!

I would love a reducer that increases the FOV. Or even a new baby objective piece that runs at about 10x.
Never thought about that. Shorty 50 or 55mm at 10 or 15x on the btx would be freaking sweet. Balance might be a little wonky but it would be sick. I do enjoy the doubler for long range shooting. Makes it super easy to see .223 holes in paper

fatrascal

WKR
I backpack hunt most of the time and carry the 65mm ATX. But when I'm looking from my truck or side by side i use the 95mm objective. Dont have the BTX yet but its on my wish list. Fatrascal.

OP
A

AZBULLCRAZY

Lil-Rokslider
I backpack hunt most of the time and carry the 65mm ATX. But when I'm looking from my truck or side by side i use the 95mm objective. Dont have the BTX yet but its on my wish list. Fatrascal.
Thats my idea. Im grabbing the 95 now and in a couple months the 65. Holding off on btx as im hoping swaro's next big thing will be a btx with zoom piece. Hoping anyhow

95 is worth the "weight" and/or "wait" however it may apply to your situation. I wish I had bought it first instead of the 65 but, some of us have to learn the hard way! Alas, there are situations that call for the 65 so, it will get some use. Good luck!

Brendan

WKR
This thread is making me feel all warm and fuzzy about this year's glass upgrade...

ab9b11db72c460ea2979605683375341.jpg

OP
A

AZBULLCRAZY

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is making me feel all warm and fuzzy about this year's glass upgrade...

ab9b11db72c460ea2979605683375341.jpg
Are those 12x50s? Thats the same setup I will have is 12x50els and the 95 spotter. Kinda wondering if I shouldve went 10x50s but what the heck good glass for sure.

Brendan

WKR
Are those 12x50s? Thats the same setup I will have is 12x50els and the 95 spotter. Kinda wondering if I shouldve went 10x50s but what the heck good glass for sure.

10x42 EL - They will be my do all binocular from Eastern Whitetails, Timber, and glassing from the tripod. Already had the tripod, pan head, binos came with the Outdoorsman stud, just needed their bino adapter.

I think I am second or third owner for both of these, was planning on the binos, but not spotter.

fire652

WKR

I almost never regret having my 12x50 els. My set up is typically the 12x50s with the atx 65. I also run a set of slc 8x42 for hardwoods obviously without the spotter. I like the 12x50s for just about everything but I bit the bullet and am in the process of getting a set of 15x56 for coues deer hunting. The 12s work ok but there are times that I regret not having the 15s. I’ve actually recently decided against the btx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
I almost never regret having my 12x50 els. My set up is typically the 12x50s with the atx 65. I also run a set of slc 8x42 for hardwoods obviously without the spotter. I like the 12x50s for just about everything but I bit the bullet and am in the process of getting a set of 15x56 for coues deer hunting. The 12s work ok but there are times that I regret not having the 15s. I’ve actually recently decided against the btx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll still run the 12s, I sold my 15s because they weren't an improvement over the 12s.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk