Swarovski SLC 10x42 discontinued, what is the next best option in the same price range??

OP
M

Mslengnr

FNG
The title says it all. Swarovski has discontinued the SLC 10x42 (verified with their US office) What is the next best option in the same or similar price range? I know there are a few retailers with stock left but I want a second option
So next question, who wants to sell me their pair of slc 10x42? 2019 or newer

Deerscat

FNG
I’ve got a older pair of 10x42 i think they are a 04 model. I would let go of those.

archp625

WKR
The title says it all. Swarovski has discontinued the SLC 10x42 (verified with their US office) What is the next best option in the same or similar price range? I know there are a few retailers with stock left but I want a second option
This thread went sideways from your original question. If you can’t find any SLC’s look at the Zeiss Conquest HD’s. They are super nice. My brother has a pair they we did a side by side in Montana last year. I almost bought a pair but always thought I would eventually want the SLC. Looks like I made a good decision based on them being discontinued.

Bkdc

FNG
It’s not hard to find SLC WB on the used market. And Dealers still have some on the shelf.

westdraw

FNG
Looks like scheels has them based on their website...

It’s the Meostars I can’t seem to find anywhere. When I do find them, they are priced quite a bit more than usual.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, Swarovski services Kahles, however, the new Kahles version of the SLC is a non-USA product so Kahles USA will not service it

Bkdc

FNG
SONA is not obligated to service Kahles optics which does not originate from Kahles of North America. And Kahles in N.A. will not be selling the new Helia S 42 in April. Hopefully this changes.

SONA is also not obligated to service Swarovski optik instruments which were originally sold in Europe or Asia or anywhere outside of North America. My friend experienced this first hand. Either it needs to be mailed to Europe or you may pay out of pocket.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
I personally would not purchase or sell any Chinese products for my favorite American sport. China is not our friend. $$ going to support any Chinese products only goes to support the CCP and further more future problems for the USA. Sometimes you can get lucky and find someone upgrading, although buying used is always risky. Seems like a lot of optics businesses are in Portugal, do they have any options? The Japanese should have some great options too.

Last edited:
If you are looking for alternatives to the SLC, there are 2 others that rise to the top in the mid-range,
and that is the Nikon Monarch HD and the Zeiss Conquest HD. They both are well made, very bright
and very sharp. I own both of them. The Nikon Monarch is the lightest of the bunch, coming in at only
25 oz. so for all day carry they are nice.
Another one I have not tried in this size is the Meopta Meostar HD, they receive high marks also.

CDK

FNG
I’d look at Leica Trinovids also, can be had for $999 and are lighter then most and on par or better optically for my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClayS

FNG
I’d look at Leica Trinovids also, can be had for $999 and are lighter then most and on par or better optically for my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll second that. Never got to compare with the SLCs outside the store but really enjoyed using my Trinovids this past season.

Brink

FNG
If you are looking for alternatives to the SLC, there are 2 others that rise to the top in the mid-range,
and that is the Nikon Monarch HD and the Zeiss Conquest HD. They both are well made, very bright
and very sharp. I own both of them. The Nikon Monarch is the lightest of the bunch, coming in at only
25 oz. so for all day carry they are nice.
Another one I have not tried in this size is the Meopta Meostar HD, they receive high marks also.
The Meostars are pretty heavy too. I have a pair of Monarch HG and I would say their only drawback is a bit more CA than I would like. Of these three, the Nikon and Meopta are likely to have a warmer view than the SLC, with the Zeiss being cooler.

JGRaider

WKR
I've posted before that I've had the SLC HD and Meostar HD side by side on tripods in the field many times, and can't see a real discerrnable difference between them at all. If you didn't have them side by side you'd never know what your missing, IME. If I'm sitting there nitpicking, I favor the SLC's ever so slightly. I wouldn't touch a Nikon anything with a 10 ft pole. They've screwed over their riflescope customers and it's only a matter of time before they do the same to the rest of their sport opics customers.

NoWiser

WKR
I had the Conquest HDs and now own a pair of SLCs. I much prefer the SLCs. The view out of the Zeiss rivals the Swaros, but the blackout issues I had with the Zeiss were very annoying, even with the extended eyecups. I don't have that issue with my SLCs. For what those Zeiss cost, its worth it, in my opinion, to try to nab a pair of SLCs. That said, everyone's eyes are different.