Swarovski SLC 10x42 discontinued, what is the next best option in the same price range??

I just got a pair of 10X42 SLC's shipped to me from Scheels this past week. I am
a tightwad so it was hard for me to pony up the money for Swaros, but I figure
the buy once cry once saying is true. The new NL's were tempting but out of my league for price.

bozeman

WKR
You won’t be disappointed BennyB- there is a reason everyone tries to compare to them......

SLC are still available in 56mm but 42's series are gone. Kahles will not be available in US market. WIth the release of the Pure line, they lowered the price of the EL's to help fill the market spot of the SLC. Rumor has it that Swaro are due to announce new Companion CL offerings in 42mm as well.

To answer the OP's question, Kowa Genesis, Meopta Meostar, and Nikon Monarch HG are all right on the heels of the SLC's. If you aren't in a rush, Meopta will be releasing the lastest version of the Meostars later this year which will be the B2's and should be at least as good as the SLC's optically, if not better. The current B1.1's are pretty nice as is. Very close to SLC level for a lot less money. Great warranty.
Any idea what the new pricing will be on the ELs?

Zeiss has another set of eyecups for the Conquest HD with different detents to help you find the right position for your eyes. All you have to do is give them a phone call at their service center and they will
send them out to you. I don't wear glasses, and either one work for me.

JGRaider

WKR
Nikon and their parent company suck.....they are anti-hunting, and their customer service is full of a bunch of clowns who know next to zero about their company and product. The truth hurts.

Bkdc

FNG
Given the sell-off on 42mm EL's on this forum, getting a used pre-field pro EL might cost the same as a new SLC.

Jon boy:
I think you are the clown, and your over the top hate of Nikon is disturbing.

I hope you will feel better in the morning.

Jon boy:
I think you are the clown, and your over the top hate of Nikon is disturbing.

I hope you will feel better in the morning.
Goo deal. If idiots like you thought highly of me I'd have to change my ways. Thanks for the compliment. BTW, "hating" inanimate objects like optics are best left to morons like yourself. Keep supporting those anti hunting companies.
Chill out guys. You're ruining the thread. Do that crap through PMs.

I'm ready now to buy some great glass for next season. I kept going back and forth on whether to get the SLCs or the Meopta Meostars. Neither are in stock at retailers near me so I'm buying purely off reviews, mostly here.

I know the SLCs are no less great now than they were 6 months ago, but buying something that's discontinued has me worried for some reason.

The meoptas are kind of in the same boat though, with the supposed B2s coming out in the near future and the possibility of the meostars B1 plus being discontinued anyways.

If I can find a deal on a like new set of used SLC 10x42 that'll likely push me over the edge towards them.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
I'm ready now to buy some great glass for next season. I kept going back and forth on whether to get the SLCs or the Meopta Meostars. Neither are in stock at retailers near me so I'm buying purely off reviews, mostly here.

I know the SLCs are no less great now than they were 6 months ago, but buying something that's discontinued has me worried for some reason.

The meoptas are kind of in the same boat though, with the supposed B2s coming out in the near future and the possibility of the meostars B1 plus being discontinued anyways.

If I can find a deal on a like new set of used SLC 10x42 that'll likely push me over the edge towards them.
There's been a few of them showing up here in the classified lately. For the great prices they are going for recently I'd go SLC > Meostar.

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
If Kahles takes them then optics trade will have them and ship them to you when they come out in April. Hearing for $1350. plus the shipping to the US which is anwhere from $50-$90 i think is what their website has but you should be able to get them if they have them. Do the SLC's use the AK prism?

Last edited:
If Kahles takes them then optics trade will have them and ship them to you when they come out in April. Hearing for $1350. plus the shipping to the US which is anwhere from $50-$90 i think is what their website has but you should be able to get them if they have them. Do the SLC's use the AK prism?
The only SLC's that have AK prisms are the large 56mm models.