Swarovski SLC Diopter Adjustment problem

Trial153

WKR
I started having issues with a pair of newer (2016) 10x42 Swarovski during last hunting season. The adjustment scale marker( ring) would spin when you turned the diopter adjustment. So for example, the adjustment would be in the center it should read zero however because the ring spun it will show +4. Aside for being an annoyance it didn't effect performance at all I just learned where my setting was which is zero in the middle of the adjustment range, and hunted with all last season.
After my last bow hunt in jan sent the back in for repair. I had two other minor issues, first in a cup that would not stay in place and will continue spinning and second I had a slight dent in one of the objective housings on the end neither of which affected any performance.

I sent them in and was contacted a couple weeks later by customer service stating that the Diopter adjustment and the eye piece would be covered under warranty. The dent in the objective housing would be on me if I chose to repair it. I asked if it was necessary repair I was told that while it wasn't at the time at some point you may get a housing leak even though it wasn't cracked at the time. I opted to do the repair at a my cost of about 200 out-of-pocket figuring that I was ready into the shipping and the warranty process it would a good time to get it done, despite the cost.

It took about eight or 10 weeks for a turnaround and I receive them back. It looked like everything was fixed, I played with them for a short period of time and then put them away. Fast forward to yesterday, I mounted them on the KDC tripod to give that set up a dry run. In about two hours of glassing over the last two day the diopter scale is spinning again, and I am back to square one.

Unfortunately I am about five weeks out from traveling to Alaska to hunt so I probably will just have to live with this until I can send it back in for warranty.

MattB

WKR
That is disappointing, have you called them to ask if there are any options (e.g. loaner option)?

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
That is disappointing, have you called them to ask if there are any options (e.g. loaner option)?
I have not. Mostly because I have other glass I could take if it came to that, and I am not wanting to deal adding anything additional to all my logistics at this point. And quite honestly they are fully functional, however it's an annoyance.

Trial
Swarovski customer service is amazing. Call them and explain your situation. I know Swarovski has overnighted loaner binos to a hunter in the field that had a bino failure in the middle of his hunt. They will definitely take care of you.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Trial
Swarovski customer service is amazing. Call them and explain your situation. I know Swarovski has overnighted loaner binos to a hunter in the field that had a bino failure in the middle of his hunt. They will definitely take care of you.

I am sure they would. Alas I would have been more impressed had they fixed it the first time. I will call Monday morning and see what they say.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
When it's pushed in do you have the lock on? I played with the locking mechanism on the adjuster and my problem went away as you are describing.
I seemed to try it every which way since this started. I am loath to force anything as it works properly however just the scale ring is off.