Swarovski SLC -> Kahles Helia S

Bringing this post back up to see if anyone purchased these and what’s was the deal with the Duty Fee?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Bringing this post back up to see if anyone purchased these and what’s was the deal with the Duty Fee?
The tariff exemption was already posted in this thread. Along with the title and subsection where it can be verified with a quick Google search.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

The tariff exemption was already posted in this thread. Along with the title and subsection where it can be verified with a quick Google search.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I did read the post… I was checking to see if anyone had purchased these over the last 18 months since the last comment on this post and to see if there has been any changes. Thanks

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I exchanged a few emails with Kahles Austria asking about how the warranty would be treated if I bought a pair and brought them back to the US. Email exchange was April 2023, but I did not end up buying a pair. YMMV

Me: I am interested in buying a pair of Helia S 42 binos while I am in Europe. However, I am unsure about the warranty process once back in the US. Will my binoculars remain covered?

Kahles Rep: "No matter where you buy a KAHLES product, the guarantee is valid everywhere. So you can of course take the binos with you to the US and the warranty which is declared in the warranty certificate is also valid in the US even if the binos are not available in the US."

Me: It looks like these binoculars have similar specs to the old Swarovski SLCs which I have been searching for since they were discontinued. Many hunters in North America have expressed concerns that the warranty wouldn't transfer to the US since the binoculars are not available there.

Kahles Rep: "It is possible that you can’t send them for service through an US dealer because you didn’t purchase them from the dealer but that you have to send them directly to KAHLES in Austria. But if an end user sends a KAHLES product to KAHLES Austria from anywhere in the world, the same warranty is valid on the products no matter where it comes from. With regard to your question for the Helia S, I can tell you that the Helia S user experience is very similar to the Swarovski SLC 10x42 user experience."