Swarovski SLC NEU 15X56 issues....

I went through and found all of the 15x binoculars I could, here's my list. I think your best bets are going to be the Vortex Kaibab, or the Minox BL.

Zeiss Conquest 15x45
Leica Geovid 15x56
Leica Duovid 10-15x50
Minox BL 15x56
Vortex Viper HD 15x50
Vortex Kaibab 15x56
Jena Nobilem 15x60
Optolyth Royal 15x63

You can see all of these binoculars at Bear Basin Outfitters http://www.bearbasin.com/

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I don't understand why the Leica Duovids don't get more love from the big eyes guys. I keep mine at 15 and can't imagine better. I have used the 15x Swarovskis of a couple guides on hunts...I prefer the Leicas.

OP
Craig4791

Craig4791

WKR
One very simple but frequently overlooked thing when trying to get the barrels close together on the 15's is the thickness of the rubber loops for the objective covers. This reduces the amount the barrels can be hinged closer together, especially if they are spaced the same and touch one another (thickness of 2 loops between the barrels). You might try offsetting the loops to only have 1 loop's width between the barrels and see if that works better. My eyes are narrow enough I had to remove the loops entirely to get the barrels close enough together for proper viewing. My objective covers are now attached to the binocs via paracord - works just fine.

I got to take them out this weekend and spend some time behind them with the covers off which allowed me to get them closed a little further.

This actually did the trick! Like you said very simple but I hadn't even thought about it. Real glad these ended up working out for me as I really didn't want to have to return them.

Gus

FNG
What MattB said. I was getting frustrated reading this thread. Glad to see that common sense prevailed. MattB always beats me to the punch on these things! Damn it.