Swarovski SLC price change

mdkelley

FNG
any ideas why? I bought a set of 8x42 SLC two years ago, they were $1750 at Cabelas. Last year the price went up to $1800 for the same pair. I see them today for $1550. Just wondering if they are coming out with an update or why the prices dropped. I can't remember what the 15x were, wondering if those dropped in price as well. Been thinking about picking up a set of 15x SLCs for a little while...

the guy at the counter that i spoke to said they are trying to compete against the upper end vortex. my bet is that they are feeling the pinch from companies like maven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mdkelley

FNG
did prices for the entire lineup come down, or just for the 8x SLC? I can't remember what the 15x SLC was last year.

pc3

WKR
Ill be in the market for some 15's reasonably soon........at this stage it will be Meopta Meostar's or Swaro's, if the Swaoro's do drop in price the difference will make the $ jump viable.

The price difference between say the Meostar B 1.1 10x42's and SLC 10x42's was pretty significant given I got them on sale for $799 US....and after looking through both the B 1.1's and the Swaro SLC 10x42's my feeling is that you'd have to go to Swaro EL range to really see a significant jump.

The price difference between Swaro 15's and Meopta 15's is kind of ahh what the heck i'll grab the Swaro's.

In short I hope they have dropped in Price ! How long that takes to filter through to the bottom of the globe and our price gouging retail outlets here in Australia remains to be seen.

tdhanses

WKR
any ideas why? I bought a set of 8x42 SLC two years ago, they were $1750 at Cabelas. Last year the price went up to $1800 for the same pair. I see them today for $1550. Just wondering if they are coming out with an update or why the prices dropped. I can't remember what the 15x were, wondering if those dropped in price as well. Been thinking about picking up a set of 15x SLCs for a little while...

The $1550 is swaros current sale price, not retail.

Barnesnbow

Lil-Rokslider
Ill be in the market for some 15's reasonably soon........at this stage it will be Meopta Meostar's or Swaro's, if the Swaoro's do drop in price the difference will make the $ jump viable.

The price difference between say the Meostar B 1.1 10x42's and SLC 10x42's was pretty significant given I got them on sale for $799 US....and after looking through both the B 1.1's and the Swaro SLC 10x42's my feeling is that you'd have to go to Swaro EL range to really see a significant jump.

The price difference between Swaro 15's and Meopta 15's is kind of ahh what the heck i'll grab the Swaro's.

In short I hope they have dropped in Price ! How long that takes to filter through to the bottom of the globe and our price gouging retail outlets here in Australia remains to be seen.
There's a pair of swaro 15's on the classifieds, the seller seems pretty motivated.

Reactions: pc3

tdhanses

WKR
thats not what the cabelas employee told me a few days ago. he stated that the price, at cabelas, has been reduced permanently.

I‘d take anything you hear from a Cabela’s employee with a grain of salt, maybe he is right maybe not. Swaro is very strict on listed pricing, so if they are you would see the reduction everywhere.

pc3

WKR
There's a pair of swaro 15's on the classifieds, the seller seems pretty motivated.
Thankyou....also discovered Mavin 18x56's last night as a possible option.

Meopta meostar 15's
Mavin 18x56
Swaro 15's

are the choices.

ZackP

WKR
I‘d take anything you hear from a Cabela’s employee with a grain of salt, maybe he is right maybe not. Swaro is very strict on listed pricing, so if they are you would see the reduction everywhere.

FWIW this is the new permanent pricing at all Sportsman’s warehouses as well.

the guy at the counter that i spoke to said they are trying to compete against the upper end vortex. my bet is that they are feeling the pinch from companies like maven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that vortex is feeling the pinch too.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Swarovski lowered the price for whatever reason that they decided to. IMO, It gained them even more market share. I do not think the Vortex's and Maven's of the world are what the head guys in Austria are concerned about.
2019 was a down year overall in optics and Swarovski gained while others didn't. There's a reason why binocular comparison posts begin with "How are they compared to an SLC". Swarovski has a steady high quality line of offerings with amazing customer service. They are a flagship alpha product company.
I am glad that they found a way to make the SLC's more affordable and continue to offer new high quality products.