Swarovski tls apo

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a confused about what’s needed to use a DSLR for pics with an STS/ATS. I use Canon EOS and Sony A7III.

Could someone point me the right direction?

Is the camera a full frame or crop sensor? That would determine the Swaro item you need

Broomd

WKR
Do you have the Swaro TLS APO? I have boxed one for the ATS STS just gathering dust, I may have a Sony adapter as well.

Which camera do you have? They make 3 of these and I need to know what the sensor size is

OP
T

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I do not have a TLS APO. All of my cameras are full frame (EOS 5D & Sony A7III/A7RIII). From what I’m reading, it appears that I’ll need to get the 43 mm TLS APO, a T adapter for Canon, and a T adapter for Sony. Is that correct?

I also see a used TLS 800 listed at a few places. How is that system different than the TLS APO method?

Vaultman

WKR
I do not have a TLS APO. All of my cameras are full frame (EOS 5D & Sony A7III/A7RIII). From what I’m reading, it appears that I’ll need to get the 43 mm TLS APO, a T adapter for Canon, and a T adapter for Sony. Is that correct?

I also see a used TLS 800 listed at a few places. How is that system different than the TLS APO method?
I think what you will need is the TLS APO and the T Adaptor. That along with your camera and spotter and you should be good.

...I hope so because I have my TLS APO on the way this week. Got the other parts recently, and we are looking forward to some digiscoping.

You need the TLS apo 43. That is the full frame version. Give us a call and we can hook you up
Joel
516-217-1000

Elkangle

WKR
You need the TLS apo 43. That is the full frame version. Give us a call and we can hook you up
Joel
516-217-1000
I picked up a used tls apo for trade on a back pack...there's zero literature on if it's the 30 or 43mm...do you know off the top of your head a decent way to tell the difference? He ran it with a Sony 6600 which I considered buying but if it's the 43 il get the a Sony a7c I think

Thanks

holzphoto

FNG
I just got back into digiscoping and i would skip the TLS APO, and get a digidaptor, gh5 or 6, and panasonic 20mm 1.7. much better performance.

Vaultman

WKR
Just received mine today.
First time I have used it, and first time digiscoping (other than holding a cell phone up to an eyepiece by hand). One is zoomed out and the other in, all on the spotter.
These two were taken through my sliding glass door, from 215 yards (ranged)...
_MG_4724.JPG
_MG_4728.JPG

Last edited:

Vaultman

WKR
This one was NOT taken through the sliding glass door, and though I tried, my rangefinder would not give me an accurate measurement...

_MG_4739.JPG

NOTE: No post processing or cropping, on any of the above.

Last edited:
OP
T

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I just got back into digiscoping and i would skip the TLS APO, and get a digidaptor, gh5 or 6, and panasonic 20mm 1.7. much better performance.
I have too much in the eo ef to get into yet another system. I’m able to use my EF lenses (with an adapter) for the Sony bodies.

Vaultman

WKR
Swaro ATX, with 115 obj. & a Canon EOS R6.
Came out pretty cool! I know I was very impressed.

holzphoto

FNG
I prob have more invested in the EF EOS system than anyone of the board. You can buy just a cam and lens for digiscoping. The TLS APO is disappointing and cheats you out of a stop or two of light.

OP
T

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I prob have more invested in the EF EOS system than anyone of the board. You can buy just a cam and lens for digiscoping. The TLS APO is disappointing and cheats you out of a stop or two of light.
That is a good thought.